Works with technical operations staff on system design and configuration of CMTS and OLT’s. Also responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware, software and electrical systems. Works with design teams and advises team leaders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware, software and electrical systems
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Tests and reviews system designs.
- Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards and documentation are met.
- Creates and maintains Technical DOCSIS MOP’s for DOCSIS Deployment in partnership with other DOCSIS and NetOps verticals
- Mentors and guides the work of technical staff.
- Reviews and approves MOP work plans and designs and advises on improvements.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years Engineering work experience with CMTS and OLT
- Minimum of four (4) years DOCSIS / CMTS Deployment / Implementation Engineering experience
- Minimum of two (2) years basic Project management, or AGILE work experience
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated Advanced level understanding of Arris, CASA, Cisco, Nokia and Adtran platforms
- DOCSIS Engineering Professional Course Certificate
- DOCSIS Technical MOP Writing and Deployment Experience
- Basic knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Basic knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols, network topology, TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Adept to perform duties in a very fast pace environment learn new technology quickly, and use software applications.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, writing or on the phone, in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Advanced Demonstrated Knowledge of DOCSIS technology and CMTS/OLT platforms as well as company products and services
- Knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Knowledge in using ticketing and software tools, network devices and basic network appliances to support the current operations.
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Arris, CASA, Nokia, Adtran