Charter Communications is America's fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We're committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter's business strategy and it's the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
The Charter Technical Engineering Center (CTEC) facilities in Englewood, CO oversees the design and architecture of Charter's multi-billion dollar network infrastructure. We investigate, select, develop, and integrate technologies and solutions that meet the needs of the company for short, medium and long term initiatives. This includes the delivery of the technology plan and future architecture for Voice, Video, Data, Optical, Commercial, Cloud, CPE, Network and Access.
This is more of a true Data Center Engineer role within Charter. The set of services to be provided include engineering and implementation of new solutions in the AE Lab or help architects to POC new technologies. Candidates must bring strong knowledge and experience with Datacenter Networking, Virtualization, NFV, Linux and Application delivery platforms such as Load balancers and GSLB including F5 and A10 load balancers and Network Virtualization. Candidates will work with application owners to identify system components and to document data flows between systems as well as between network boundaries. Candidates will be responsible for writing or updating build documents, design documents, deployment checklists, etc. Candidates must leverage a strong understanding of VRF, VLAN, VXLAN, port channel, NFV, stateful firewalls, UCS, Yang/Netconf. Familiarity with Juniper SRX, Cisco ASA or F5 AFM firewalls is a plus as is any experience with OpenStack or Python. Candidates will attend status meetings, report status, and attend other required project meetings such as lessons learned meetings.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Solid Data Center architectural design and hands-on engineering experience
• Solid knowledge of and experience Virtualization Networking, NFV, Cloud networking and Linux.
• Solid knowledge of and experience with BGP and ISIS.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with the implementation of Cisco Nexus data center switches, including the latest designs trends such as Leaf and Spine
• Strong understanding of Datacenter Routing and Switching.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with Network and Security infrastructure such as Firewalls, Network Load balancing and Proxy devices.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with QA Testing of network hardware and software
• Design, testing, and implementation of the datacenter network service to partition the data-center edge from the data-center core in partnership with the Network Security Engineer.
• Experience with strategic architecture and roadmap development (1-year and 3-year datacenter network outlook)
• Strong knowledge of Linux and scripting languages including Yang/Netconf
• Strong knowledge of 1 or more Cloud automation stacks (VMware SDDC, OpenStack, CloudStack, etc.)
• Bachelors is preferred, Associates or equivalent combination of work experience is required
• CCIE Datacenter or Routing and Switching certification preferred, but not req'd
Related Work Experience (Number of Years)
Some travel required
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education; negotiations begin at $90600.00
For more information on Spectrum's benefits, please click here