Seeking an experienced SDV engineer to support advanced engineering responsibilities for the SDV platform in Charter. Will be responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware, software and electrical systems. Works closely with technical operations staff on system design and configuration. Recognized as the technical and design expert. Leads design teams and advises team leaders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware, software, and electrical systems.
- Test, evaluate, configure, and deploy Switched Digital Video back offices and edge QAMs, including Access Networks, CMTS systems and IPv4 and IPv6 core network.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of SDV/VOD QAM sharing in a CCAP environment.
- Develop tools and processes for Site Survey, RF design, deployment and operational support for video deployment.
- Develop system integration solutions and prepare Systems Integration and Test certification reports, generating test reports, MOPs and bug reports.
- Design and deploy network protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, and VLANs. Utilize design lab system environment to validate test plans and configurations before service deployment.
- Develop test cases and use cases in efforts to meet business needs and enhance the customer experience as well as provide a high-level of engineering technical documents and support to operational personnel.
- Ensure all technical integration, changes, standards and documentation are met. Provide site surveys and RF design as well as assist in opportunity assessment, presentation, and negotiation with potential customers.
- Troubleshooting network issues using packet capture tools including Wireshark and Ominipeek. Develop automation scripts for SDV/Edge QAM testing and deployment
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of engineering management experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years of Switched Digital Video technology
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in the creation of original tools using one or more of the following scripting languages: bash, perl, python, or go; bash and perl preferred.
- Strengths in Video on Demand platforms, Cisco EC and or Arris DAC, Mystro back office, and CMM/FSM VOD back office
- Preparing systems integration and test certification reports, generating test reports, MOPs and bug reports.
- Skilled at troubleshooting network issues using packet capture tools including Wireshark.
- Solid experience as a Systems Administrator of Linux and/or Solaris UNIX servers.
- Ability to operate independently with occasional oversite.
- Travel as occasions demand to meet the business needs.
- Prior experience working as project technical lead and a demonstrated history of training more junior technical staff.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Cable / Telecommunication industry experience
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E)