The Principal Engineer I is a multi-tier operations engineering, design development & solution deployment position. This role is responsible for identifying best practices and establishing Charter standards for the video control and encryption infrastructure involving video services and driving consistent deployment of these design standards across Charter Communications serving area. This role interacts with the Video Design and Engineering, Product, Programming, Video Support Center & other Video Operations Teams. The role is responsible for setting the technical architecture and development direction across a set of internal business applications, leading cross functional technical development teams, delivering business critical projects while maintaining high morale, managing the operational activities in an efficient and professional manner and ensuring all team targets are met as advised by Video Operations leadership.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's video control plane and encryption (Digital Addressable Controller, Network Encryptors, APEX QAMs, APEX Bulk Encryptors, OM, RPD, ARPD, Network Controllers, and Transaction Encryption Device) systems.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Provide leadership for testing new firmware, software, and hardware supporting Charter's video solutions.
- Develop and implement method of procedure (MOP) in conjunction with functional, performance, and business requirements provided by product and engineering teams for video control plane and encryption solutions.
- Evaluate, select, and deploy new test tools and automation frameworks.
- Study future technology developments and formulate associated testing strategies.
- timely and accurate information and status updates to functional leaders.
- Provide day to day leadership, mentoring, and technical guidance to team members.
- Develop and implement development standards, policies, and procedures.
- Understand and define technical roadmap within Video Operations to ensure sound technical solutions.
- Ensure projects are accurately estimated and delivered according to schedule.
- Work with the field on the implementation of video network related projects.
- Work with vendors and Engineering to resolve issues and design flaws.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum eight (8) years of engineering work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of video control plane and encryption technologies.
- Minimum five (5) years of project management experience.
- Knowledge of Unix and Linux systems with focus on system administration techniques.
- Knowledge of ACLs, firewalls, and load balancing; both physical and virtual
- Knowledge of IGMP, IP unicast, IP multicast, REST API, RPC, VOD, SDV, and JIRA.
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TFTP, NTP and other critical, service delivery protocols.
- Experience with network and element management systems, Arris (DAC) and/or CISCO (DNCS) video delivery systems.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills, use of instrumentation tools (within Commscope/Arris Ecosystem). Able to effectively lead an outage bridge
- Knowledge in scripting and automation configuration techniques for the telecommunications industry.
- Knowledge of server compute, network attached storage, virtualization, containers, and "as a service" concept in a public, private and hybrid implementations / environments.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and lead technical group discussions; such as, monitoring, engineering, designs, configurations, life cycle management, automation strategy, etc.
- Capable of self-managing time and priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience in improving Video Operations system metrics
EGN601-VIDEO 293136 293136BR
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits
package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a minimum of $107,600.00
. The actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.