#SpacePGS #SpacePGSSW Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector is looking for you to join our team as a Principal Network Engineer/ Sr Principal Network Engineer based out of Aurora, CO. What you'll get to do: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) Sector is seeking a Network Engineer to join our team at our Aurora, CO location. Our program has a need for a self-motivated, hardworking network engineer with expertise creating and maintaining Cisco IOS and Cisco Nexus Operating systems. The individual needs to be comfortable supporting Cisco appliances, specifically Firepower firewalls and TACACS+ services. Have
intimate knowledge and experience designing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Network switching and routing protocols. The candidate should understand how their tasks fit within the overall program goals and perform their work accordingly. The selected candidate will initially be responsible for designing and maintaining a large scale Multicast deployment, to include IGMP and PIM protocols. Working with ServiceNow submitting and tracking requests, SolarWinds or other Network Management tools, WAN operations and protocols, and large scale Development and Operational Networking environments (4000+ nodes).
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on the qualifications listed below.Qualifications:
This requisition may be filled as either a Principal or a Sr. Principal Network Engineer Basic Qualifications:
- Principal Network Engineer - Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant experience; or 3 Years with Masters; or 0 Years with PhD. 9 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Sr Principal Network Engineer - Bachelor's degree and 9 years of experience in systems integration activities or 7 years with Master's Degree; 4 years with a PhD
- Active TS clearance with Poly
- Current Security+ CE Certification or ability to obtain Security+ CE Certification prior to start date (DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification; IAT Level II)
- Experience with, and knowledge of, Cisco IOS and Cisco Nexus Operating systems
- Experience with Cisco appliances, specifically Firepower firewalls and TACACS+ services
- Intimate knowledge and experience designing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Network switching and routing protocols.
Principal Network Engineer
- In depth understanding of IPV4 Network sub/super netting, CIDR, and DNS
- Understanding and experience designing and maintaining a large scale Multicast deployment, to include IGMP and PIM protocols
- Experience with ServiceNow submitting and tracking requests
- Understanding and experience with designing, writing, and implementing FCRs
- Experience with SolarWinds or other Network Management tools
- Experience with WAN operations and protocols
- Experience working in large scale Development and Operational Networking environments (4000+ nodes)
Salary Minimum: $87,780
Salary Maximum: $131,670 Sr. Principal Network Engineer
Salary Minimum: $108,864
Salary Maximum: $163,296
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.