Our client is currently seeking a Principal Engineer. If you believe your skill set aligns with the description below, please send updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
*THIS IS A CONTRACT TO HIRE POSITION, W2 ONLY, NO C2C*
We are looking for a self-starter Principal Software Engineer with impressive leadership skills and excellent technical skills to help us build our Next Gen Consumer Applications Suite.
* Design, develop and maintain responsive web applications providing awesome user experiences on desktop and mobile devices.
* This is a Hands-on development role to write highest quality code with utmost attention to scalability, security and performance.
* Be part of an engineering team that builds and supports amazing customer-facing products that will drive the next generation.
* Your primary focus will be Architecting and developing all server-side logic, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by UI Developers into the application.
* Lead the charge, communicate with customers and deliver high performing, resilient and intuitive suite of applications that create awesome customer experiences.
* You will work and collaborate with cross-functional team of product managers, UX designers, architects, developers and automation engineers on our agile team.
* Demonstrate that you've built outstanding consumer websites from concept to launch.
* An abundant desire to achieve perfection, but also a readiness to necessarily compromise.
About The Team
We (Customer Experience group) are responsible for making new Shopping, Buying, Self Service and Provider Directory search experience amazing.
* BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
* 8+ years of experience designing and developing secure consumer-facing web applications.
* 2+ years of extensive experience building production application with Node.js
* 2+ years of Full Stack Front-End experience. Solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS3.
* Proficient in building and consuming of Restful Web service, JSON based request response.
* Experience building responsive Isomorphic Web Applications.
* Good understanding of design principles to build a scalable application.
* Strong experience with the design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability and performant applications.
* Proficient with writing unit test case using any of the testing framework like Mocha, Chai, Jasmine etc.
* Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
* Proficiency with Chrome and/or other browser Developer Tools.
* Proficiency with Git/Github or other distributed version control systems.
* Understanding of user-centered design, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, accessibility, SEO, responsive design, and website performance.
* Experience with Scrum, Agile Process
* Contributions to open source projects.
* Understanding of Relational, No SQL databases.
* Experience with Linux environment & container technology such as docker.
* Experience with logging tools like Splunk or ELK.
* Experience with APM tool such as AppDynamics.
* Experience using CI/CD tools like Jenkins and Chef.
* Experience with distributed cache like Redis.