Principal Enterprise ArchitectDo you enjoy working with a successful team?Would you like to use the latest technologies in the energy industry?Join our Enterprise Architecture team!
We operate at the heart of the digital transformation of our business. Our team is responsible for designing the Enterprise Architecture principles, approaches, and methodology. We convert requirements into technical architecture and design across multiple product domains and functional areas. We collaborate as a team to design and align standardized patterns to enable scale, stability, and consistency throughout Baker Hughes.As a Principal Enterprise Architect, you will:
- Serve as project leader or internal consultant for multiple highly complex projects
- Contribute to the development of project and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components across teams (multiple teams) that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses
- Effectively monitor and control costs in the organization
- Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction across the product portfolio or product line
- Analyze, design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current versus future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint
- Review and/or analyze and develop architectural requirements at domain level within product portfolio or team
- Participate in the Enterprise Architecture domain governance model
Fuel your passion
- Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support actives.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university (or equivalent experience)
- Have a minimum 15 years of professional experience, with 5 years experience working as an enterprise architect
- Have Experience in cloud computing, including security, automation, and usage personas (developer, infrastructure architect, etc.) with an emphasis on Amazon Web Services; AWS Certification Preferred
- Hands-on experience with AWS IaaS and Infrastructure as Code capabilities
- Design and deployment of global, highly available, large enterprise and commercial scale cloud infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of cloud and physical/virtual infrastructure concepts, technologies and patterns.
- Well versed in Enterprise Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), understands service interface governance, as well as design and implementation of service/API gateways, for both Intranet/Internet consumption. Data Lake Architecture/Technologies, Data Warehouse Architecture/Technologies, Analytics, as well as Artificial Intelligence Concepts in Machine Learning for Predictive Analytics.
- Understand master data management and has collaborated with Information/Data Architects to create canonical information models, to be utilized in service interface definitions.
- Experience defining service interface version management, service implementation management, transaction track/trace, and service performance management.
- Experience with high volume low-latency service invocation, both synchronous and asynchronous invocation patterns.
- Docker Container Orchestration with Kubernetes (AWS deployment preferred).
- Configuration management (Chef, Puppet, or Ansible)
- Cloud orchestration (Cloud Formation, Terraform, Scalr, BOSH, etc,)
- Cloud Security technology and best practices using AWS Security Groups, IAM/S3 Policy, Web Application Firewalls (WAF)
- Authentication and Authorization technologies (LDAP, Kerberos, Active Directory)
Work in a way that works for you
- Authentication and Authorization protocols (e.g. OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML)
- Networking concepts and protocols (DNS, VPN, etc.)
- Design/Development skills in cloud native applications, using various technologies (e.g. Spring Boot, Java, NodeJs, Ruby, GO, .Net), utilizing microservices design.
- Demonstrated ability to work on and provide technology leadership to development and infrastructure teams
- Experience with application build automation tools like Apache Maven, Jenkins, Concourse, and Git supporting continuous integration / continuous deployment capabilities (CI/CD)
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productiveWorking with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.#digitalpilot #LI-Remote
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.