Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
We are well known for our excellence in Title Insurance and Escrow Services. We're continually investing in our future, how we work and what we build. Be part of a transformative team that will shape the future as we envision, design and develop our next generation technology solutions. We're looking for an experienced Principal Architect to lead the technology strategy in our Enterprise Architecture team. This is a key role influencing the direction of enterprise cloud architecture in a high-growth FinTech industry. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of tech innovations with a strong engineering team to back the potential products. You will influence and lead the engineering teams with your technical thought leadership and establish an enterprise blueprint. While doing so we want to envision the most exciting future and solve the problems that matter most. Join us if you are driven by curiosity and have passion for architecting and designing solution to improve business operations.
As a key member of the Enterprise Architecture team you will play a strategic role in architecting and designing cloud solutions in a multi-cloud platform. You will lead and participate in architecture reviews and technology evaluations. You are surrounded by peers and colleagues with strong technical fluency with a passion to find new ways to deliver results to our customers...faster, cheaper and with high-quality. If you are a technologist who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous space, look no further! Day To Day Responsibilities
- Evaluate and onboard new technologies, cloud services, document usage guidelines and best practices
- Define cloud reference architectures spanning multi-cloud environments
- Designing the cloud environment from a holistic point of view, ensuring it meets all of the company's requirements.
- Publish standards, guidelines, and best practices around cloud technologies
- Identify and design the right cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company while aligning to overall enterprise architecture blueprint.
- Conduct informational sessions and provide architecture consulting services for application development and infrastructure teams
- Team up with stakeholders, third-party partners, fintechs, software vendors, and academia to design and build innovative prototypes and solutions that tackle real-time issues and advance the core of how we do business.
Degrees Or Certifications Required
- 15 to 20 years of overall industry experience with 5+ years' in designing, executing cloud solutions.
- Experience in collaborating and working alongside executive-level and senior-level partner stakeholders and vendors
- Must have cloud-based infrastructure and solution architecture knowledge, including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience evaluating and comparing multiple cloud technologies / services determining the right fit
- Experience defining cloud reference architecture at an enterprise and division level
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies (Azure & AWS) and current computing trends.
- Experience designing architectures spanning multi-cloud environments.
- Experience defining enterprise standards for cloud platform usage and integration
- Experience presenting, knowledge sharing and consulting on cloud technologies
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
- Must have demonstrated hands-on development and delivery experience in one of the mainstream programming languages such as Java, C#/.NET, Go, C/C++, Node, Python etc.
- Expertise in modern and emerging technologies like microservices, API management, web-scale architectures, DevOps engineering, container-based delivery, cloud automation, TDD, BDD, continuous integration (CI), and CD.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.