Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
We are well known for our excellence in Title Insurance and Escrow Services. We're continually investing in our future, how we work and what we build. Be part of a transformative team that will shape the future as we envision, design, and develop our next generation technology solutions. We're looking for an experienced Principal Enterprise Data Architect
to lead the data strategy at an enterprise level. This is a key role in establishing and managing data architecture for the company while expanding the influence of enterprise architecture within First American. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of tech innovations with a strong engineering team to back the potential products. You will influence and lead the engineering teams with your technical thought leadership and establish an enterprise data blueprint. While doing so we want to envision the most exciting future and solve the problems that matter most. Join us if you are driven by curiosity and have passion for architecting and designing data solutions to improve business operations.
As a key member of the Enterprise Architecture team you will lead and participate in architecture reviews and technology evaluations. You will play a strategic role in expanding the enterprise architecture function across the organization, establishing, and running the Architecture Review Board (ARB). You will work across the organization to determine the needs of business units and maintain enterprise application blueprints. Responsibilities
- Develop and implement comprehensive enterprise data strategies, including data modeling, implementation, and data management for enterprise data warehouses, and advanced data analytics systems
- Plan and implement data management for new data sources, publicly available data, business-to-business partnerships, and advanced data analytics systems all following the comprehensive enterprise data strategy
- Gather requirements, gain business and IT alignment, perform vendor and product evaluations, mentor business and IT resources
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure end-to-end technical and business viability
- Ensure the successful delivery of solutions, training and documentation
- Provide leadership in establishing operational and analytic environments
- Participate in and lead the Architecture Review Board (ARB) by collaborating with various stakeholders, business functions and business units on data strategy.
- Constantly refine and improve the data management processes and adapt to agile and secure software development practices.
- Develop enterprise data architecture strategy using well established frameworks.
- Evaluate and onboard new data technologies and cloud services, document usage guidelines and best practices
- Manage data configuration and data lifecycle at an enterprise level
- Design and implement reference architectures related to data strategy
- Publish standards, guidelines, and best practices around data architectures
- Conduct informational sessions and provide data architecture and strategy consulting services for application development and infrastructure teams
- Team up with stakeholders, third-party partners, fintechs, software vendors, and academia to design and build innovative prototypes and solutions that tackle real-time issues and advance the core of how we do business.
- Understand the current state architecture and specifically look at it from a data standpoint
- Understand the business requirements working with the team and the business stakeholders as identified
- Recommend future state architecture specifically looking at it from a data reporting standpoint including integration with external systems
- Recommend ingestion frameworks for future data streams high level
- Create roadmap from current state to the future state including integration and conversion/migration of data
Provide thought leadership and advisory services internally and externally while working in an agile development environment including data operating models, DataOps, and MLOps concepts. Requirements
Degrees Or Certifications Required
- 15 to 20 years of overall industry experience with 5+ years in leading enterprise data architecture.
- Experience in data management techniques
- Experience in BI ETL tools
- Proven Data Analyst with knowledge in BI and ETL
- Experience working on AWS Cloud
- Repeatable success growing data & analytics teams, delivering modern cloud solutions to clients in the local market to build lasting relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to advise and partner with VP level+ stakeholders on their data platform pain points of today
- Experienced in designing cloud data solutions in at least one of the following technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP, Databricks, Snowflake, Tableau) and migrating from on-prem to cloud.
- Previous hands-on experience building data solutions (cloud or on-prem), data architecture and experience partnering with technology providers.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical solutions in an easily understandable communication style.
- Demonstrated ability to see the "big picture" with proven experience evangelizing, driving enterprise data architecture adoption.
- Proven success in influencing business strategy, technology strategy and defining roadmaps.
- Demonstrated ability to building relationships and playing the role of trusted advisor to business, technology and executive partners and stake holders.
- Experience defining domain data architecture at an enterprise and division level
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies (Azure & AWS) and current computing trends.
- Experience presenting, knowledge sharing and consulting on data architecture
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
- Well versed in using EA tools and frameworks and knowledge of how data architecture fits in with lean/agile methodologies
- Familiar with modern and emerging technologies like microservices, API management, web-scale architectures, DevOps engineering, container-based delivery, cloud automation, TDD, BDD, continuous integration (CI), and CD.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.