Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
We are well known for our excellence in Title Insurance and Escrow Services. We're continually investing in our future, how we work and what we build. Be part of a transformative team that will shape the future as we envision, design and develop our next generation technology solutions. We're looking for an experienced Principal Enterprise DevOps Architect
to lead our DevSecOps strategy at an enterprise level. This is a key role in establishing a consistent and repeatable DevOps standards and culture within First American. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of tech innovations with a strong engineering team to back the potential products. You will influence and lead the engineering teams with your technical thought leadership on devops and establish an enterprise level blueprint for CI/CD, which can be followed by all the development teams. While doing so we want to envision the most exciting future and solve the problems that matter most. Join us if you are driven by curiosity and have passion for architecting and designing devops solutions to improve business operations.
As a key member of the Enterprise Architecture team you will lead and participate in architecture reviews and technology evaluations. You will play a strategic role in expanding the enterprise architecture function across the organization, establishing, and running the Architecture Review Board (ARB). You will work across the organization to determine the needs of business units and maintain enterprise application blueprints.
The Principal DevOps Architect is able to connect technology with measurable business value. The ideal candidate is passionate to develop deep expertise in the AWS and Azure technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS / Azure platform. She/he provides thought leadership and innovation while representing the architecture of the infrastructure group and drives deep-dive discussions with stakeholders within the company.
The technical background of the Principal DevOps Architect enables her/him to easily interact and provide guidance to software developers and architects. As a Principal DevOps Architect, you will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. Responsibilities
- Evangelize the DevOps transformation and coordinate self-assessments
- Conduct improvement planning for project teams, including defining metrics and milestones for improvement
- Build effective relationships with stakeholders to execute improvement initiatives
- Coordinate closely with software and infrastructure engineering teams, surface and resolve gaps in processes in an orderly and efficient manner
- Lead the evolution of our Software Delivery platform by guiding product teams to deliver the best in class developer experience through CI/CD modernization.
- Participate in and lead the Architecture Review Board (ARB) by collaborating with various stakeholders, business functions and business units on DevOps strategy.
- Constantly refine and improve the CI/CD processes and adapt to agile and secure software development practices.
- Develop enterprise DevOps architecture plan using well established frameworks and tools.
- Evaluate and onboard new DevOps technologies, cloud services, document usage guidelines and best practices
- Manage software configuration and technology lifecycle at an enterprise level related to DevOps
- Design and implement automated build and release reference architectures
- Publish standards, guidelines, and best practices around DevOps, CI/CD, build automation
- Conduct informational sessions and provide DevOps architecture consulting services for application development and infrastructure teams
- Team up with stakeholders, third-party partners, fintechs, software vendors, and academia to design and build innovative prototypes and solutions that tackle real-time issues and advance the core of how we do business.
- Design, implement, and test automation artifacts for mobile, cloud, web, and other platforms
- Migrate enterprise workloads to AWS, Azure, or GCP using industry standard as well as proprietary methodologies
- Automate cloud deployments, as well as build CI/CD pipelines to support cloud based workloads
- Provide advanced knowledge and/or develop competency on Terraform, Ansible, Cloud Native automation tools
- Assess, Solution Design, Architect and Implement DevOps practices (Continuous Integration, Continuous testing, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Monitoring, Continuous Delivery) with full accountability
- Architect, Design and Implement Cultural Change to adopt DevOps
- Architect, Design, Build and Implement end-to-end DevOps Practices with any target environment e.g; on-prem, containers, Cloud, Serverless, Hybrid, Applications etc
- Architect, Design, Develop, Implement and Coach for Engineering practices across multiple groups
- Architect and implement development & deployment of system integration strategies using common tools & methods
- Drive motivation, efficiencies and a culture of sharing around People, Processes and Tools
- Develop DevOps and Agile Assessment frameworks and maturity models
- Nourish the culture of "Agility" and behavior of "Site Reliability Engineering"
- Ability to negotiate and drive collaboration with Team & the stakeholders, both internal and external
Degrees Or Certifications Required
- 15 to 20 years of overall industry experience with 5+ years in leading enterprise DevOps architecture.
- Experience designing DevOps processes at an enterprise level
- Experience participating and contributing to running the architecture review board (ARB)
- Experience in collaborating and working alongside executive-level and senior-level partner stakeholders and vendors
- Experience defining and managing software configurations and technology lifecycles at an enterprise level.
- Experience defining and implementing enterprise DevOps standards
- Demonstrated ability to see the "big picture" with proven experience in evangelizing and driving enterprise wide DevOps adoption.
- Demonstrated ability to building relationships and playing the role of trusted advisor to business, technology and executive partners and stake holders.
- Experience with infrastructure management and monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps Platform tooling (ADO, Jenkins, Ansible/Chef/Puppet, Terraform, Docker, Package Managers)
- Working knowledge of automation service provisioning and middleware configuration.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in scripting languages such as python, bash, PowerShell etc.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies (Azure & AWS) and current computing trends.
- Experience presenting, knowledge sharing and consulting on DevOps architecture
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
- Well versed in using DevOps tools and frameworks and knowledge of how DevOps fits in with lean/agile methodologies
- Familiar with modern and emerging technologies like microservices, API management, web-scale architectures, DevOps engineering, container-based delivery, cloud automation, TDD, BDD, continuous integration (CI), and CD.
- Expert in DevOps Architectures and thorough with Agile and ITIL practices
- Hands-on with DevOps, Cloud platforms, Containers and the latest tools
- Expert in Analysis, Architecture, Technical Solution Design, Business case development
- Should have led a few DevOps transformation projects
- Strong understanding of GTM (Go-to-Market) strategies with active contributions is preferred
- Certification: Multiple industry certification on DevOps practices, Cloud and Agile (SAFe preferred)
- Well-rounded knowledge of systems, network, security, storage, cloud products and technologies in differing environments
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Demonstrated ability to architect and implement solutions on AWS / Azure
- Significant experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, networking and security
- History of successful SaaS Production deployments and architecture engagements with large scale enterprises
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and engineers.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal organizations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.