Title: Principal Firmware Engineer
Location: Burlingame, CA
Type: Permanent Placement
Our client is looking for a Principal level Firmware Engineer that will provide the opportunity to work with the best minds in Silicon Valley in a fast-changing, challenging, and exciting environment. In this role, you will refine firmware architecture into detailed firmware design and then implement it. You will also research and develop the firmware and electronics used throughout a portfolio of cutting edge consumer products.
- Refine firmware architecture into detailed firmware design.
- Implement firmware design.
- Research, design, develop, test and support firmware and electronics used within new sensing products, production equipment and research support apparatus.
- Conduct analysis and feasibility studies related to the design, development, and implementation of firmware and algorithms for products and production support equipment.
- Assist in development and execution of test set-ups and application programs to troubleshoot and resolve product issues reported by customers and/or to validate products to all applicable product requirements.
- Write and execute firmware tests.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Support existing internal and external products.
- Mentor and train team members in hardware development SOPs and common used practices in the industry.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships across the client's organization
- Capacity to apply a positive, service-oriented approach to work
- Ability to create unique and efficient solutions for business challenges
- Capability to articulate thoughts clearly as well as listen to and considers others' ideas
Knowledge and Experience:
- 7+ years' experience in a product development environment
- Knowledge of microcontroller-based firmware design and development
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting ability
- Experience in writing firmware under an embedded OS or real time scheduler
- Experience in working with device driver and associated hardware such as timers, DMA, A/D converter, comparator, UART, I2C, SPI, or LCD
- Solid background in CS and be knowledgeable about basic EE
- Ability to read circuit design/schematics
- Ability to operate an oscilloscope
- Enthusiasm for getting your hands dirty with hardware
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering, advanced degree preferred
Any proof of experience in the following would be valued:
- Signal processing programming with MATLAB
- Knowledge of sensors
- Knowledge of wireless communication, especially Bluetooth
- Worked in RD environment regulated by FDA, CE and FCC bodies and familiar with process and safety standards required for medical device development (ISO 13485, IEC 60601) or equivalent