At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman has an opening for a Principal Information Systems Project Manager/Senior Principal Information Systems Project Manager to support the National Security Sector in Aurora, CO, in providing information technology upgrades.
As a member of the project management team, the candidate will be responsible for coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and scope. Candidate will oversee all aspects of projects including managing deadlines, assigning tasks, and, monitor and summarize progress of project.
• Work directly with engineering teams and customer to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible.
• Candidate should be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Ensure resource availability and allocation
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
• Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
• Report and escalate to management as needed
• Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Meet with customers to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
• Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
• Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
• Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
• Use and continually develop leadership skills
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps
This requisition may be filled at a higher job grade based on the qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled as either a Principal Information Systems Project Manager or a Sr. Principal Information Systems Project Manager.
Basic Qualifications for a Principal Information Systems Project Manager:
- Active TS/SCI, with CI Poly
- 5 Years relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. An additional 4 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Basic Qualifications for a Senior Principal Information Systems Project Manager:
- Active TS/SCI, with CI Poly
- 9 Years relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD. An additional 4 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
$96,900 USD - $145,300 USD Salary Range 2:
$120,000 USD - $180,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.