The Information Systems Engineer position is responsible for the Research, Design, Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of various Infrastructure Technologies. The successful candidate for this position will be well versed in current Storage and Server Technologies, Detail-Oriented, and have excellent problem solving skills. The focus of this position will be to provide the organization with a Principal level of technical skill with respect to Storage infrastructure and the ability to architect a solution that is sustainable for the future. The successful candidate will have a vast knowledge of state-of-the-art SAN and NAS Storage Solutions, I/O performance, and replication and disaster recovery capabilities. In addition the candidate will have working knowledge of Operating Systems, Server Hardware, Backup/Restore, and Networking and how these entities are integrated into the infrastructure to support the corporate goals, business applications, product solutions, and their operational requirements.
- Assist in the Research, Design, Testing, and Implementation of Storage Technologies and Solutions for multi-data center SAN, NAS, and object storage infrastructure.
- Manage a multi-site enterprise storage environment, including replication for D.R. and monitoring.
- Troubleshoot Storage issues and failures - Hardware, Software, Network, and Performance.
- Collect and present data for reporting, technical direction, and capacity planning.
- Assist with planning and implementation of short and long-range strategies - changes in configuration, technology and processes pertaining to storage infrastructure.
- Assist in Training and Mentoring staff.
- Rotating on-call responsibilities.
- Must have enterprise storage experience with NetApp cDOT.
- 7+ years of experience in I.S. comprised of Enterprise Storage Management, Operating System Support, Network Communications, Application Integration, Monitoring and Alerting, and Operational Process development and control.
- Experience in high availability, 24/7/365 virtualized infrastructures.
- Able to lead Projects and Project Teams. Project management skills helpful.
- Able to work well both independently and within a team.
- Able to solve problems using a methodical and logical approach.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible to work occasional overtime on short notice.
- Available to be on-call during off-hours on a rotating basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Storage Technologies: NetApp, 3PAR., Dell/EMC Isilon, StorageGRID, or similar.
- Storage Fabric Technologies: Brocade SAN Directors, Cisco MDS, or similar.
- Server Technologies: IBM PSeries, HP (Intel)
- Operating Systems: AIX, Windows, Linux, VMware ESX
- Database concepts: MS SQL, Oracle.
- Excellent scripting skills.
- Cloud Storage experience a plus.
"We Engineer your success" Britech Group, Inc is a Technology Staffing Company who are experts in integrating exceptional people with top companies. Additional Job Openings- http://britechgroup.com