Overview Our Team
Technology Services Group (TSG) powers BNY Mellon by providing scale, capacity, and capability to deliver the critical technology required to operate the global financial services markets.
TSG is defined by three core values:
- Creative innovators, delivering excellence and simplicity
- Always doing the right thing for the bank, colleagues, and clients
- Fostering a collaborative, diverse and inclusive environment, where we challenge each other to execute a
As part of TSG, our Architecture & Engineering
- Define enterprise technology architecture and engineering principles and best practices
- Develop next-generation engineering solutions focused on Resiliency and Innovation
- Engineer and integrate the critical systems and platforms used across the band and with external Clients
We are seeking a Principal Infrastructure Security Engineer (Active Directory, Kerberos)
our Security Engineering team. We work on authentication, authorization, and data security for web applications, Linux, and Windows systems across our datacenters. Our systems secure nearly a quarter of the global economy, and we continue to invest in uplifting the technologies that underpin our private cloud and public clouds. We're building our security services to enable engineering and operational efficiencies in our datacenters and public cloud. Our team uses many technologies to enable innovation for our business. It is our goal to build enterprise scale solutions that are cryptographically secure, based on open standards and industry best practices. Responsibilities:
- Technical hands-on engineering and management of Active Directory and Kerberos.
- Responsible for design, development and operationalization of enterprise scale security services.
- Writing utility tools to help automate repetitive tasks.
- Customizing reports for audit and re-certifications, and integration with firm standard re-certification and review systems.
- Develop robust functionality in a complex, distributed systems codebase.
- Support and maintain existing functionalities and on-board new functionalities to existing applications.
- Be able to work independently to contribute to a large team delivering solutions to the meet the needs of executive management as well as the general employee population.
- A track record of successful engineering, deployment, and management of Microsoft Active Directory and Kerberos.
- Has setup, configured, knows schema, backup, recovery, and security.
- Expertise and deep understanding of web authentication, DNS sub-systems, TCP/IP, WNS, DHCP, Networking, Containerization, Unix.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug issues in a fast-paced environment in a timely manner.
- Ability to multi-task and context switch between various products and services.
- Ability to analyze system performance and capacity metrics and tune systems.
- Good understanding of building, deploying, and maintaining applications in an enterprise environment.
- Deep understanding of how to build fault tolerance and scalability into enterprise systems.
- Strong understanding of UI concepts and implementation.
- Experience with microservices and orchestration.
- Detail oriented with creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player.
- Strong development skills using Powershell, Java and Python.
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with Kerberos
- Experience with a configuration management system, such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, or Puppet
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums .
This person is a subject matter expert in several of the tools/technologies used in the space. Leads the development infrastructure engineering growth strategies and initiatives. Leads initiatives to analyze complex infrastructure problems to be solved with advanced design. Leads the evaluation of the effectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructure technology and tools. Analyzes trends to develop strategy for the implementation of upgrades that will enhance the reliability, Resiliency and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Provides leadership to execute project plans and performance requirements for all stages/phases through the management of human capital resources. This person is a subject matter expert in at least one of the tools/technologies used in the space. Participates in or leads initiatives to analyze infrastructure problems to be solved with advanced design. Utilizes standard procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Participates in or leads initiatives to analyze infrastructure problems to be solved with advanced design. Utilizes standard procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Manages the processes for ensuring that all systems/applications/software/hardware are compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Monitors project plans and budgets. Works closely with external vendors, internal partners and business teams to provide infrastructure/tool needs. Works with Application Development and Quality Assurance, Testing and Business teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development, testing and production BAU processes. Ensures these needs are taken into account when developing infrastructure. Acts as escalation point for major incidents. Leads strategy to increase automation across the organization. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred10-12 years of related experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $96,000 and $212,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.