Healthcare's helping hand.
CHG shook things up in 1979 by inventing the locum tenens staffing model. We connect doctors with patients who need their care. As the largest physician staffing firm in America, our providers treat millions of patients each year.
Our industry is growing and demand is high. This means you'll have plenty of opportunities to grow and develop in your career. Keeping healthcare healthy can be as fun as it is rewarding.
As a condition of employment at CHG Healthcare you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date, subject to reasonable accommodations as required by law. To learn more about our commitment to health and safety of our people, click here.Your role:
The Principal Software Engineer is part of a product team and is responsible for software design, development, and overall product lifecycle. The Principal Software Engineer role is a highly collaborative position. It is also a position that plays an active role working with 3rd party vendors, key platform vendors (e.g., Salesforce) and the open-source community.
The Principal Software Engineer creates foundational architecture that can be reused, as well as architectural diagrams and other product-related documentation. They also define service level objectives for products. In addition, Principal Software Engineers may be involved in product configuration, performance tuning and testing as well as production monitoring.Your qualifications:
Additional Knowledge & Skills:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline preferred
- 8+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Mastery of one or more object-oriented programming language (preferably in Java)
- Mastery of one or more modern application framework (Spring MVC, Vue.js, Node.js)
- Mastery of one or more testing frameworks (Jasmine, Jest, Mocha, Chai)
- Hands on experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (Postgres, MongoDB, MySQL)
- Experience with cloud technologies and DevOps (AWS, Kubernetes)
- Experience with microservices and event-driven architecture
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipeline, including automated testing using TDD
In return, we offer:
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Able to work independently on assigned tasks, and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision making.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, including good technical writing and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to mentor others
- Competitive pay
- Flexible work schedules - including work from home options available
- 401 (k) retirement plan
- Healthcare coverage with corporate wellness program
- Free health center and health coaching for employees and dependents
- 18 days of PTO your first year and paid holidays
- Up to 16 hours of paid volunteer time off
Click here to learn more about our company and culture.
To have your resume reviewed by someone on our Talent Acquisition team, click on the "apply" link at the top of the screen. Or if you happen to know of someone who might be interested in this position, please feel free to email them the job description by clicking on the "Email to Friend" link, also at the top of the screen.We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity EmployerVeterans/DisabledWe are an at-will employer