At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Global Operations Security is seeking an experienced Linux Systems Administrator who will apply system administration and troubleshooting skills in support of multiple, dynamic software development and test environments in Azusa, CA.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and maintain secure, minimally-interrupted operations of Linux servers and workstations
- Support bare-metal and virtual machines
- Coordinate actions with peer system administrators, network administrators, security teams, software teams and hardware engineers
- Recommend and implement performance-enhancement, reliability-enhancement, and automation solutions
- Install hardening and patching Linux operating systems
- Troubleshoot end-user issues; developing and documenting technical procedures.
- Primary system administration duties reside in classified environments; proto-typing, testing, and proof-of-concept work done in an unclassified environment when possible.
- The selected candidate will:
- Be proficient working from a command-line environment
- Able to partition disks, create logical volumes, create file systems and mount file systems in Linux environments
- Read, modify and create shell script and scripts in various other languages
- Understand basic LDAP and DNS concepts and be able to query these services for information and troubleshoot issues in Linux environments
- Learn new technologies on own and work effectively independently, while still coordinating actions as required
- Install and configure COTS software, and perform configuration and maintenance in Linux environments
- Interact with and successfully utilize boards-of-approval to maintain required security controls and configuration management
- Perform technical research on Information Technology topics, as requested, and produce presentations and recommendations
- Occasional travel to customer sites or other Northrop Grumman sites in support of troubleshooting, testing, and deployment activities
- Lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Work after hours and weekends as needed
- Associate's degree and 7 years of experience OR Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience OR Master's degree and 3 years of experience; 9 years of related experience may be considered in lieu of completed degree
- IAM Level I certification (ex: Security+ CE) or greater or ability to obtain with 6 months of start date
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Ability to be cleared to special access programs
- Experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux OS
- Redhat System Administration certification(s)
- Experience with NAS storage device (preferably NetApp) administration (ONTAP 8.x or higher ; CDOT)
- Solid understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to include all commonly-used RAID-levels
- Redhat Satellite Server (version 5 and version 6) configuration and usage experience
- Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities ; Experience hardening Redhat systems in accordance with RMF and STIGs
- Networker backup and restore experience
$92,000 USD - $138,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.