Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you will discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Linux Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in Linthicum, MD. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Perform as Linux Systems Administrator on large classified government contracts.
• Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and oral formats.
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Support multiple networks; ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
• Analyze internal and external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
• Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
• Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
• Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and system components.
• Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
• Prepare security documentation for Cyber Security team.
• Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
• Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
• An Associate's degree and 7 years of experience, or a Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience, or a Master's degree and 3 years of experience; a High School diploma or equivalent and 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
• U.S. citizenship.
• Currently active DoD Top Secret SCI security clearance with CI polygraph.
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain access to program as a condition of continued employment.
• Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP, or similar DOD 8570 security certification.
• Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment.
• Experience managing Redhat Linux server environment.
• VMware and ESXi (6.x or higher) configuration and management experience.
• Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities; experience hardening Redhat systems in accordance with RMF and STIGs.
• Ability to support tier 2 and 3 helpdesk tickets.
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
• Travel may be required.
• Redhat System Administration certification(s).
• Solid understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to include all commonly-used RAID-levels.
• Redhat Satellite Server (version 5 and version 6) configuration and usage experience.
• Identity Management (Single Sign-On) experience.
• Experience with host-based firewall implementations and configuration (Redhat "iptables").
• Experience building custom "rpm" software packages for Redhat platforms.
• Knowledge of Docker or similar container technologies.
• Windows 10 administration experience; Windows Server 2012/2016 experience; Group Policies(GPOs) experience; Active Directory management experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.