At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is looking for a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer Structures reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager in the Military Systems Center of Excellence (COE) located in Beavercreek, Ohio.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic mechanical design engineer to join our Military Systems team.
This is a small group environment that consists of highly talented, cross-functional team members.
This mid-level engineering position reports directly to the Mechanical Engineering Manager and will be required to work with manufacturing, structural and electrical engineers to support product and tooling development.
The candidate will work with CAD based files to develop mechanical designs for aerospace applications focused on composite and/or metallic materials.
Additionally, a background in tooling design for composite fabrication, machining, assembly, and inspection is preferred.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, requirements definition, mechanical design of product and tooling, tolerance analysis, and creation of the engineering data package.
Knowledge of change control and configuration management practices is also preferred.
Job duties are not limited to the above and it is anticipated that any applicant will support the team where and when required.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, Technology or equivalent plus 7+ years of related design experience
- Experience with NX (preferred) or CATIA modeling, Composites, Tooling for Composites and Mechanical Devices.
- Fluent in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Model based definition
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and configuration management knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance is required.
Experience Preferred :
- CATIA, NX, PRO-E, AUTOCAD, SolidWorks
- CAD/CAM automation, programming, script writing
- Previous experience in aerospace manufacturing facility
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.