Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technical Services at Hill Air Force Base, UTis seeking qualified Mechanical/Aerospace Engineers to support sustainment engineering activities for the Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system, on the Ground Subsystem Support Contract (GSSC). The desired candidate will have a passion for the defense posture of the United States Air Force in protecting our nation and our citizen's way of life by applying mechanical engineering principles to sustain these crucial systems. The selected candidate will demonstrate an ability to perform modeling and analysis tasking, succeed in Air Force customer interactions, and effectively assess and problem solve.
Mechanical sustainment engineering is a dynamic role which involves analysis, modeling, data analytics, customer interaction, hands-on technical support, reporting, planning, and risk assessment. Sustainment engineering is a challenging career with varied tasks across mechanical engineering disciplines. It requires someone with acute mechanical understanding, and who is well organized, flexible, and determined. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are necessary, including an ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
Our engineering team focuses on a strong interactive team in support of challenging tasks, training and experience progression, promoting innovation, and a concerted goal of supporting the war planners and fighters.
Rocktober Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering from accredited university
- Minimum 5 years of related experience with Bachelors of Science;3 years with Master of Science degree
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Active Secret clearance or higher
- 2 years of experience with ICBMs or nuclear weapon systems
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience with ICBM Minuteman III ground mechanical equipment and systems: hardness and survivability, launch support, environmental control systems (HVAC), transportation and handling, RivetMILE field support
- Experience with the following tools: NX, FEMAP, ANSYS, NASTRAN, Abaqus, LabView, Matlab
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.