At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking an experienced Network Administrator
to work at our Aurora, CO
facility. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information Technology support team- a team of highly skilled and diverse individuals responsible for the build out and maintenance of a collateral secret Enterprise Infrastructure that supports multiple programs across every Northrop Grumman sector.
The Network Administrator maintains smooth operation of LAN/WAN/VPNs. Plans, designs, configures, and installs network hardware in support of customer requirements. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware / software interconnection, as well a interfacing, including routers, multiplexers, firewalls, switches, gateways, etc. Proposes solutions to management. Ensures all communication requirements (based on future needs and current usage) are configured to optimize cost savings. Creates and ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring, and network analysis, regarding short and long-range planning for [in-house] systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. Designs networks, or portions of networks, including the selection of hardware and software packages.
- Plan, manage and implement complex network designs in support of customer requirements.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Support network teams in project designs to clarify project requirements, provide network design solutions, in accordance with standards.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of network infrastructure and associated systems.
- Document network hardware and software technology components.
- Install and configure routers, switches and firewalls. (Cisco/Palo Alto)
- Implement and troubleshoot LAN technologies such as VLANs, trunking (port tagging), spanning-tree and protocols.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective, for desired results.
- Implement and troubleshoot WAN technologies such as VRF, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot encryption/decryption hardware such as Taclanes
- Interface regularly with customers and manage customer installation timelines and deliverables to help facilitate successful deployments.
- Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex incidents meeting SLA requirements
- Master's degree and 3 years of IT experience; OR a Bachelor's degree with 5 years of IT experience; OR and Associates degree and 7 years of IT experience; OR a High School Diploma/GED and 9 years of IT experience is required
- Must have at least 2 years of work experience with Cisco hardware including routers, switches, firewalls, hubs, or other related networking equipment
- Expertise with IPv4 and IPv6 network design, including IP subnetting and protocols including BGP, OSPF and EIGRP
- Must have a current Security + CE; OR must have the ability to obtain this required certification within 6 months of start date
- Must be able to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Must have the ability to work after hours and weekends as needed
- Candidates must have a current Top Secret security clearancewith SCI access and a current Polygraph completed within the last 5 years in order to be considered
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree Network Engineering, a Cisco CCNA-security (or a Secuirty+ CE), a CCNP, with 7 years of Network design, analysis, and administration of routers, switches, hubs, and firewalls in a classified environment
- A professional certification specific to the networking industry like a CCNP/CCIE or equivalent
- Current expertise with network design, architecture, specifications, and equipment selection.
- Expertise with network device configuration and troubleshooting (ideally, Cisco IOS/IOS-XE)
- Strong understanding of features like GRE, IPSEC, DMVPN, IP quality-of-service, VLANs, and multicast.
- Strong understanding network security features like IP access-lists and stateful protocol inspections.
- Familiar with network management protocols, like SNMP, SSH, syslog, RADIUS/TACACS
- Ability to operate as part of an engineering team, including knowledge of related disciplines.
- Ability to interact with senior customer organizations and personnel.
- Ability to operate with considerable independence, and to self-identify/pursue long-term interests.
- Ability to communicate well, including proficiency with MS Office tools, including PowerPoint and Visio
- Familiar with network management applications, like Splunk, Firepower Management Center (FMC), and/or Cisco ISE.
- Exposure to the Risk Management Framework, associated security controls, and STIGs.
- Familiar with Windows, Linux, and VMWare configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with HAIPE/TACLANE and other military COMSEC/CRYPTO equipment and procedures.
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications / VoIP and VTC
- Experience in the use of network analysis tools (i.e. WireShark, SolarWinds, Opnet, etc.) would be nice to have
- Experience with configuring TACLANES
- Experience designing and maintaining LAN & WAN based networks
- Experience with managing routing protocols on large LAN environments
- Previous experience troubleshooting network procedures and best practices; experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated leadership skills, or previous management of small teams, would be helpful
$88,000 USD - $132,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.