IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machinesto Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.Overview
The Principle Network Engineer will be responsible for designing, ordering, configuring, and implementing data telecommunications networks.
- Has responsibility for design, planning plus delivery Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) product solutions using broadband, wireless (4G-3G-2G, Wi-Fi, Zigbee - IOT) and VSAT.
- Work with network architect to direct network engineering within the US/ Canada region.
- Provides senior-level expertise in the design, integration, and management of data networks.
- Integrates project objectives with overall business strategies.
- Implements network standards to support the global communications networks.
- Team member for delivery of LAN product releases to technology group.
- Oversees testing and evaluation of network communications devices both physical and virtual for product release. This includes routers, application delivery controllers, switches, firewalls and addition security such as intrusion prevention systems.
- Hands on experience using command line and GUI interaction with Fortinet, Cisco, Juniper and A10 hardware/ software.
- Implements Network Management tools to monitor/evaluate network performance with knowledge of SNMP using Zabbix and Solarwinds.
- Assists in providing solutions to reduce costs continuning to ensure optimal network performance.
- Supports delivery when requested to fine tune production networks as well as level 3 escalation.
- Provide subject matter expert support for operational incidents when requested
- Provides training for network delivery and operations to assist them in the performance of their assigned duties operating gaming networks.
- Provides technical expertise to both internal and external customers for pre-sales and some contract negotiation.
- Ideally experience using SDWAN, AWS networking and SDN to support latest initiatives.
- Network automation for product releases to delivery using Ansible.
- Network configuration control using GIT.
- 4 year degree plus 8 years experience, or 10-15 years experience
- 8 Years or 10 to 15 years of experience without a degree
- Cisco certifications preferred but not essential
#diKeys to Success
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, free identity theft insurance, free hot and cold beverages, and access to on-site gym facilities (Providence Headquarters and West Greenwich).
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com . Nearest Major Market:
Providence Nearest Secondary Market: