Information Technology - Networks
RESTON, VA US
Potential for Teleworking:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
The Principal Network Engineer is key part of the engineering team and will provide production and corporate network engineering design and support. Production level responsibility spans both Enterprise infrastructure as well as end customer network design support.
* Enterprise network support, architecture, design, and implementation
* Design and configuration of Virtual Private Networks (VPN) connected through Enterprise WAN
* Corporate network support, architecture, design, and implementation
* Consultation on customer/client network design
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
* 10+ years of related experience required
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
* Strong analytical skill and attention to detail
* Quick learner with self initiative and pride in end results
* Fundamental knowledge of VoIP (Hosted and Trunking), SD-WAN/MPLS, Security design. Deeper experience in these areas is a plus.
* Demonstrated experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN) technologies
* Demonstrated experience of OSI Network stack design and configuration
* Expertise in the following areas: Routing (Cisco and/or Juniper), Switching, Routing protocols - OSPF, BGP, and Firewalls.
* Previous experience designing and supporting a nationwide back bone and managing vendors in this regard.
* Ability to work independently on numerous activities and prioritize them properly while meeting deadlines but also collaborate cross-functionally to ensure successful design and implementation
* Solid knowledge of PC based software and corresponding applications used in assigned areas
* Customer service oriented
* Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience, certifications, or training
* Current and active TS/SCI with specific polygraph required.
Unique Requirements: (experience with one or more of the following)
AWS, Docker, CooudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.