- Become knowledgeable on the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) technical requirements for SSA?s CDM program.
- Understand your role in CDM activities.
- Designs, tests, and implements state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and database products, including design of high level dashboards, using data feeds from different network tools.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including use of Cyber Security tools, whitelisting, blacklisting activities.
- May prepare security reports to regulatory agencies.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor?s degree and 4 years of related experience, Master?s degree and 2 years of related experience. An additional 4 years of applied work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree requirement.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Forescout and Fireeye cyber security tools
- Minimum of 2 years of experience performing security functions on network devices, appliances, and security tools
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in developing and tailoring reporting from network security tools.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience understanding of whitelisting and blacklisting using network security tools and devices
- Must be Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. or US Permanent Resident (Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.) and Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance.
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- CCNA/CCNP/CISSP a plus
- Possess CyberArk and access management experience
- Possess knowledge of Tenible/Nessus, Sourcefire, Stealthwatch, and DBProtect knowledge.
- Prior work experience with a federal government agency.
- Understanding of business processes supporting IT programs, networks, and/or cybersecurity programs
- Understanding of technologies, networking principles, data flows, work flows, IT reporting, etc.
- Significant understanding of network security tools
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in demonstrates the skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in General frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories,concepts and techniques.