Make Next Happen Now. For over 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted banking services to companies of all sizes in innovation centers around the world. Get to Know Us. Join talented technologists to help advance many of the smartest client companies on the planet.
SVB offers a great benefits package -- annual bonuses, sign-on bonuses, profit sharing, matching 401K, flexible work environment, and much more. Learn more about life at SVB. Ready to Make an Impact? Then this might be the perfect opportunity for you. Be a part of a SVB's future and join a growing global company known for a relentless focus on clients who change the world. Put your talents to work on developing the technology that makes it all possible.
We are looking for a motivated, talented and dedicated Network Engineer that enjoys working in a highly dynamic environment. Work side by side with some of the most talented Network technologists in the industry where the focus is simplifying and supporting a network that's built for scale.
The Principle Network Engineer is our most experienced level on the network team. If you like to learn, teach and elevate others, this is the perfect environment for you.
As part of the IT Operations team, the Network Site Reliable Engineer (SRE) is responsible for supporting a multi-vendor network infrastructure analyzing, designing, configuring and optimizing our global network focusing on availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning. You will own and drive entire solutions which includes service scalability, reliability, and troubleshooting.
- Develop and deploy software that will help drive improvements towards the availability, performance, efficiency, and security of SVB's services;
- Analyze data to diagnose and identify root causes to network-specific events;
- Develop tools and services to automate the mitigation and remediation of network-specific events;
- Periodic on-call duties to provide application support, incident management, and troubleshooting;
- Provide Tier 3 support and maintenance SVB's global network infrastructure that includes VPN, DNS, SNMP, Hyperflex, routers, and switches such as the Cisco Nexus and Catalyst platforms, Cisco ASR 7200/3800 routers, Cisco UCS, Cisco Multilayer Director, Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance, and Cisco 6500 switches amongst others;
- Work with Public Clouds to integrate their new network-specific products and services to improve our ecosystem;
- Experience managing high availability architecture;
- Demonstrated ability to ensure the infrastructure is maintained at the appropriate patch and software levels using change management as defined in the ITIL framework;
- Has managed, led and executed projects that integrate new technology that scales allowing the environment to meet the growing performance, security, and functionality demands;
- Provides cross training to team members to strengthen the broader team;
- Experience in workload balancing - A10, WAN Optimization leveraging Riverbed - Steelhead, Network Monitoring using Protocols such as HSRP / VSRP / VRRP / BGP / OSPF / EIGRP MPLS/SDWAN wide area network QoS policy and design IPv6 addressing and routing;
- Knowledgeable in modern in modern configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Fabric, etc.);
- Knowledgeable in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems;
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine);
- Understanding of Linux containers (LXC) and similar technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.);
- Minimum of CCNP certification CCIE preferred, Security certifications a plus;
- 6 years of SRE/senior level networking operational experience providing day-to-day operational monitoring and technical support for the network infrastructure;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple high priorities;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills detailing opportunities for improvement, problem management in non-technical terms;
- Thrives when working in a highly diverse environment, able to work with senior management and project managers completing assigned tasks;
- A team player with a positive attitude, detail oriented with a strong focus for quality;
- BS/MS in CS IS preferred, equivalent experience will be considered;