**This role can be telecommute**
Schwab Technology Services needs a Principal Network Security Architect within our Schwab Cybersecurity Services organization. This person will be a key technical lead and a member of a diversified team of security design and architecture professionals. The individual must have expertise in data center connectivity, cloud connectivity, network security and must have worked in an Enterprise Environment that includes experience in large scale private and public cloud security to protect virtualized workloads. What you are good at
What you have
- Partner with Schwab counterparts to implement security processes, architecture, designs, and implement technologies that reduce network security deficiencies and implement strategy
- Participate in development, implementation of secure design, architecture principles, requirements, and standards. Build a network security strategy that leaps the enterprise into a next gen approach.
- Expertise in public cloud architecture and services as well as next generation access architecture such as SASE design principles.
- Be highly visible in the security and infrastructure communities at Schwab.
- Build and sustain good working relationships with teams and involve them in the overall strategy.
- Participate in defining secure design and deployment, secure configuration practices, and using appropriate technology solutions, controls and practices as needed.
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors facing applications and the firm. Serve as a core team member of the Security Design team as an implementor to solve gaps.
- Develop technical security requirements for the business and see them through the development lifecycle. Collaborate with business contacts to ensure 3rd party cloud applications stay in sync with our standards, controls, policies, and principles.
- Provide diligent security consulting including design, reviews and recommendations for various IT projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrate a dedication to integrity and ethics, process improvement, and customer happiness.
- An ability to optimally influence others
- 10+ years in Network Security
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Sophisticated level knowledge of security technologies including Authentication, Authorization, Access Controls, Data Protection, Cloud Security, Mobile Application Security, OWASP.
- Worked in a complex enterprise environment
- Partnered and collaborated cross-functionally
- CCIE a plus
Target Total Compensation -
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more. Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.