Hands-On Principal Platform Architect, Menlo Park
The JLL Digital Products team aims to bring successful technology-based products to market in a high-growth environment. The team-s mission is focused on accelerating technology adoption in commercial real estate by bringing creative, innovative and technical solutions to solve large, complex problems for our clients.
The Platform Architect is a technical leader on the Digital Products team, responsible for architecting and building large scale platforms for millions of end users. This position requires interaction with the Account Leadership team, Client, Vendors, Operational, and Support staff and will be a fast-paced environment consistent with handling multiple technical demands.
What this job involves:
* Designing a high scale (millions of potential users) platform
* Architecting reliability across the stack, with high uptime and graceful failover architected in all layers
* Future proofing the system as the demands of the business grow
* Designing APIs that ease integration with 3rd party service providers
* Designing tools that ease onboarding new clients of JLL
* Writing code about 50% of the time
* Hiring and retaining top Platform/Backend engineers in the team
* Ensuring that rigorous design and development practices are followed by the team
* Delivering high quality, well tested and future proofed code
Interested? Here is the experience and expertise we are looking for:
* Architected and built large scale platforms (10s of thousands of end users)
* Deep knowledge of modern, high scale platform technologies e.g., NodeJS, Spark, etc.
* Hands-on with current code-writing skills
* Implemented systems that provide high scale data processing
* Deep knowledge of transactional and batch-oriented storage engines
* Cloud native thinking
* Designed and implemented microservices based systems
* Ability to influence top engineering talent and guide them towards an architectural solution
* Seamless collaboration with PM and business stakeholders in order to drive platform direction
* BS/MS in EE or CCS
What you can expect from us:
We-re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together-across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We-ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you-ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can-t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL-s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (-JLL-) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at email@example.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.