Red Oak Technology is seeking a Principal Product Designer for our client located in Pleasanton, CA for a Contract to hire position.
**Prefer local candidate **
• Partner Closely with the app & core UX leads.
• Build relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams such as UX Research, Product Management, Engineering, Business Analytics, Operations and Marketing.
• Effectively communicate your findings to stakeholders and partners at any level.
• Own end to end design process of features and iterations.
• Influence the direction of your part of the journey by identifying and defining new feature opportunities.
• Leading an area of work as an individual contributor while supporting a small team of designers.
· Have 7+ years of experience designing successful products, experiences, and interfaces for a range of devices.
• Have a Strong portfolio showcasing problem solving and high design caliber skillset.
• Design outstanding interaction and interface solutions for which you can clearly articulate your rationale.
• Demonstrate leadership, humility and flexibility in cross-functional discussions that serve to align on smart product decisions.
• Can juggle multiple priorities and navigate between strategic work and detailed execution.
• • Strong visual design sense with clean typography and layout understanding.
• You have proven experience of taking a product end to end, and all the stories that come with the experience; tradeoffs, communication challenges, delays, quality review, exc.
• Have experience visualizing, owning, and executing the creation of product from initial concepts and wireframes, to collaborating with engineers on implementation in an agile environment.
• You have extensive native app experience & responsive web design
• You make a great thought partner with the cross-functional teams.
• You are an excellent storyteller and communicator.
• You exude can-do attitude and enthusiasm.
• You have a solid knowledge, experience, and the value of working with a design system.
Nice to have
• Past experience in Ecommerce a big plus, but not required.
• BA/BS or graduate degree in HCI, interaction design, Psychology, or other related fields.
• ADA certification is a big plus, but not required.