Principal Product Manager at Vertica (REMOTE / WORK FROM HOME)Job Description:Principal Product Manager - Big Data at Vertica (REMOTE / WORK FROM HOME) About your role:
Vertica is looking for a talented Product Manager to work on our purpose-built analytics platform used by the world's largest organizations focused on innovation and data driven businesses. We are looking for individuals who have hands on experience using data tools and building data platforms as well as product management experience in the enterprise B2B database software space. Your goal is to make a significant business impact to the best Unified Analytics Platform. Vertica is the only
analytical platform that can run in the cloud or on-premise handling the most complicated mixed workloads with the highest concurrency and fastest load and query speeds. Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our world-class engineering team to create the product direction, understand customer needs and gather requirements for our current and new products.
- Work with our customers and engineering teams to develop differentiated and compelling features which continue our market leadership position.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, sales engineering, best practices, documentation, and field enablement teams to accelerate our go-to-market activities.
- Engage and support the field sales organization with a variety of tasks from presenting the Vertica roadmap to delivering messaging and positioning content on enablement webinars.
- Contribute to the Vertica vision and strategy with the product management, product marketing, engineering and leadership team.
- Understand our market, competition, user personas and common use cases.
- Engage with the broader organization from legal, revenue recognition, finance, branding, support, marketing, etc. to build a business case, launch new product or solve a customer issue.
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, quantitative analysis, relationship building, presentation delivery, communication, decision making and strategic thinking skills in a fast paced team environment.
- Knowledge about databases and data tools.
- Experience using typical product development tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- 3+ years in B2B enterprise software product management.
- Experience writing SQL is a plus.
- BA/BS degree
- Advanced degree preferred
MarketingMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status