nCino offers exciting career opportunities for individuals who want to join the worldwide leader in cloud banking.
At nCino we are dedicated to creating software that is changing the financial industry by helping bankers lend with confidence, efficiency, and transparency and better engage with their customers. Our Product Development and Engineering department is a talented group of software engineers, product managers, product designers, quality assurance engineers, and others who work closely together in Scrum teams to build banking software of the highest quality. Our department values are courage, collaboration, craftsmanship, and fun, and those values guide us in balancing hard work with passion and enjoyment for what we do. The Principal Program Manager is a vital contributor to the continual innovative journey of nCino's software and leads cross functional teams to align on the product launch strategy (timing, volume, channel coverage etc.) and closely tracks execution, ensuring operational risks are raised and mitigated, as product is ready for release. The Program Manager must be passionate about customer experience, innovation, cross-team partnerships, and delivering programs that impact our product. This role is responsible for alignment and clarity in a highly dynamic environment, making sure that all the teams are up to date and driving towards the same strategic launch objective. The Program Manager will use deep knowledge and expertise to design and implement effective programs. The ideal candidate sees around corners, is biased for action, ensures the team is set up for success, and earns trust through broad stakeholder influence. You must not only be able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but also roll up your sleeves, dig in to understand many perspectives and experiences, and get the job done. This role is inherently cross-functional and highly visible across the organization. Responsibilities
- Develop a broad understanding of business and operations across the nCino organization
- Partner with nCino leadership to design and launch new programs based on strategic needs
- Drive strategic initiatives and programs to enable the consistent success of nCino product releases from initial idea to adoption by our customers in production.
- Coordinate complex, cross-functional programs-collaborating with stakeholders to establish the vision, objectives, and strategy and then driving these programs through to implementation, integration, and adoption.
- Manage cross-organizational programs from beginning to implementation that consist of several projects
- Drive the program scope and ensure objectives remain consistent with the organization's strategy
- Coordinate activities and people across multiple programs and supporting projects
- Identify, manage, and document risks associated with the program and communicates them to the team, escalating as necessary
- Provide guidance on program management processes, best practices, and methodologies within the program teams
- Create, manage, and update execution and value roadmaps throughout program lifecycle to regularly measure the benefits gained by the program and present to leadership
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Management
- 6+ years of experience in IT/Software industry or combination experience, education & superior performance
- Experience and knowledge of multiple disciplines within product lifecycle management (localization, certification, new product launches, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience developing a vision, defining a strategy, building programs, and managing change from the ground up
- Experience with successfully managing complex, large-scale projects, etc.and delivering results
- Work in a team and independently
- High level understanding of Information Technology and SaaS concepts
- Excellent communication and influencing skills - aptitude to clearly present the thought process, have debates and ability to influence without authority
- Relationship management - extraordinary emotional intelligence and collaboration management skills with cross-functional teams of all levels in a matrixed organization
- Critical thinking - ability to connect the dots and handle project plans, timelines, and risks effectively
- Capacity to deliver results under pressure in a highly agile environment
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details - ability to craft detailed execution plans for strategies with landmarks, dependencies, timelines, and mitigation plan for execution risks.
- Sharp eye for details with a "hands-on" and continuous improvement mindset to identify inefficiencies and design improvement solutions
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Knowledge of the banking or Fintech industry
- Experience delivering software as part of a product company
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
- Experience with issue tracking software such as JIRA, Trello, TFS
- Experience continuously delivering software as part of an agile/scrum organization
If you thrive in a high-energy, entrepreneurial environment, we invite you to share your passion, ideas and excitement at nCino.
nCino provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, genetics or other protected groups. In addition to federal law requirements, nCino complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
nCino is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, nCino will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at email@example.com .
Our commitment to inclusion and equality includes a strong belief that the diversity of our team is instrumental to our success. We strive to create workplaces where employees are empowered to bring their authentic selves to work.