Principal IT Project Manager - Jersey City or Boston Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll be supported and surrounded by other professionals as you learn new skills, advance your career, and see the impact of your efforts every day.
Pay and Benefits:
Why you'll love this job
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements
The Project Management role specializes in the management of significant technical projects (e.g., strategic change management, new business and product initiatives, process re-engineering, establishment of control procedures, etc.). Oversee all aspects of project lifecycle including project planning, goal setting, managing schedules, and coordinating resources to ensure projects are completed to specification, within the established timeframe, and budget.
This position will support delivery of application development and technology upgrade projects within DTCC's Institutional Trade Processing (ITP) service suite, which delivers robust technology solutions to a global client base in the financial services industry. Your Primary Responsibilities
The Lead Project Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to weekly status reporting, participating in quarterly planning, assisting in annual resource demand planning, creating, and managing assigned projects using both the DTCC Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) system and the Jira project management application, and understanding and complying with a defined software delivery process and associated controls.
Successful candidates will have significant experience in Release Planning and Release Management, Risk Identification and Risk Management, Software Delivery Quality Management, and Stakeholder Coordination, Communication and Reporting. Understanding of and experience with project financial reporting (budget versus actuals) is essential. Regulatory reporting is an additional responsibility for applicable projects and applications.
*Note: Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above* Talents Needed For Success
- A minimum of seven (7) years professional Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Project Management experience including project Initiation, Planning, Tracking, Delivery and Closure.
- Demonstrated experience in people (Project Managers/Scrum Masters) management.
- Demonstrated experience forecasting on project effort and financials and tracking and reporting against budget.
- Demonstrated experience delivering software development projects implemented using Scrum or Kanban methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience with Release Planning and Management, Risk and Issue Identification and Management, Software Development Quality Management, Resource Identification and Planning, and Stakeholder Communication.
- Demonstrated experience with project management tools such as HP PPM or MS Project.
- Experience in resource and project management using HP PPM.
- Experience following and complying with a defined software delivery process and associated controls.
- Experience in IT project management using a Phased (waterfall) delivery approach.
- Experience in IT project management delivery using Kanban concepts.
- Experience working in the Financial Services or Financial Technologies (fintech) space.
- Experience with MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams, SharePoint, Excel Pivot Tables or Power BI.
- Experience working within the organizational structure of a Project Management Office (PMO).
- Familiarity with advanced software engineering practices including TDD (Test Driven Development) and DevOps (Development & Operations).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
DTCC is the heart of the post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From 21 locations all over the world, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. In 2020, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $2.3 quadrillion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation About Us About DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
DTCC proudly supports Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
To maintain strong alignment between IT and the business, we are bringing together all Solutions-focused teams under a unified technology organization, IT Solutions. The newly-formed IT Solutions department combines Application Development and Enterprise Application Support functions, allowing us to leverage synergies to support the Solutions business lines.