Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global
security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking Mid-level Requirements Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Put your years of experience into a future of excellence...The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate
(PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Support all project phases from inception through completion.
- Work with the customer to capture and translate high level functional, technical, and performance requirements into detailed acceptance criteria for epics / user stories in a Scaled Agile Framework environment (SAFe)
- Provide business area and technical expertise to management and stakeholders to facilitate planning, set direction, define business initiatives, and develop solutions to business information systems needs and requirements.
- Be able to manage multiple assignments, changing priorities, and work independently with little oversight.
- Participate in the agile ceremonies and interface with the agile team(s) and other program staff as required.
- Communicate effectively in written and verbal communication coupled with strong listening skills
- Provide deployment and occasional off hours support
All work will be performed on site at DHS offices in Northern Virginia. Some travel between local DHS sites may be
- 5 Years related experience with a Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field; 3 Years with Masters in Science in a STEM related field
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and able to obtain a DHS security clearance.
- Strong computer skills and proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Proven external customer relationship management experience is required, in addition to strong project management experience
- Experience eliciting and documenting functional, technical and performance software requirements in an Agile environment
- Active DHS or DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Knowledgeable with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) practices and tools; Certification in Agile delivery (e.g., SAFe Agilist , CSM, PSM, PMI-ACP) is especially desirable
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence
- Experience eliciting and documenting functional, technical and performance requirements for SAFe
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with national-security applications in a 24/7 environment
- Experience in working with government customers
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.