Your role as Principal of Software Engineering is to work with architecture and engineering teams to produce high-quality technology solutions. You will have the autonomy to lead, craft and develop innovative solutions to some of the most ambitious technical issues. As Principal, you will serve as a peer-leader tasked with pursuing greenfield innovative initiatives and solutions. The breadth of operations ensures a diversity of projects as the bank pivots towards innovation and customer experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Leading in a customer-centric Agile environment rapidly transforming with the feel of a financial technology (FinTech) start-up helping drive digital and cloud-enabled platforms.
- Collaborating with your team mates and contributing insights to solution design, ensuring success of the product and alignment to enterprise architecture principles.
- Passion for crafting, modifying, developing and implementing software solutions. Building modern, architecturally sound components, tools and applications to meet strategic business goals.
- Infusing quality of service characteristics, such as scalability, manageability and maintainability, into distributed service-based framework to build or expand business or technical capabilities.
- Evaluate, correct and prevent vulnerabilities during the software development process.
- Serving as a mentor, encouraging a culture of innovation and accountability while adhering to Agile methodologies.
- Required Skills/Experience:
- 7+ years of hands-on, progressive full-stack software development experience developing and supporting commercial software products which were sold to non-technical customers in vertical markets
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor software engineers
- Experience in querying, analyzing and handling big data
- AWS/AZUREP experience, including handling sensitive assets
- Experience with CICD pipeline (CircleCI, Jenkins, or equivalent.)
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and social skills around teamwork, enduring leadership, curiosity and a voracious appetite to learn.
- Cloud certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect
- Detailed understanding of data structures such as linked lists, hashmaps, graphs etc.
- Experience in the financial services industry, developing solutions for consumer banking, portfolio management, trading, compliance or wealth management
- Understanding of banking systems and consumer banking operations
- Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch and NoSQL data stores.
- Big data experience with technologies like Hadoop and Spark.
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor's OR Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field required
Why work with us
- Best of both worlds: We offer the feel of a startup with a 150+ year history
- Tons of time off: Enjoy up to 27 days of paid time off (+10 holidays) that you're actually encouraged to take
- Easy commute: Access our state-of-the-art suburban facilities with athletic fields and free parking
- Casual Friday every day: We support flexible work arrangements and flexible work attire
- Dedication to community: We put support our communities by frequently volunteering and giving back
- We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.