Live IT Up at Ciber
At Ciber, we believe the most inspired, innovative and industrious companies should win, regardless of size or legacy. Were the small company that cares and the big company that can. We deliver breakthrough performances and powerful solutions that are anything but cookie cutter in order to give our clients the competitive advantage they deserve.
Ciber, Inc. is seeking a Principal SharePoint Developer in Washington, DC.
- Work to understand SharePoint work done to date, including 3rd party applications (Sitrion, previously Newsgator and Google Analyics) and in-house utilities (for e.g. admin tools and word add-in)
- Develop a detailed understanding of clients current SharePoint landscape, application systems and ECC development roadmap
- Work with client business analysts to gather requirements and formulate / articulate technical requirements
- Provide administration, maintenance and deployment support during user testing, production release and hypercare phases
- Support and enhance core and custom SharePoint functionality like publishing, collaboration, document management, social collaboration, portals, access and permissions, workflows, records management, knowledge management, user profile, metadata and search services
- Build solution, feature, web part, application page, timer job, workflow, apps, and other development assuring high quality, performance, scalability, maintainability and best practices
- Develop, test and deploy solutions across web, desktop and mobile platforms using latest technologies and tools, such as recent supported apis, bcs, word automation, web services, office xml sdk, yammer, office 365 integration
- Conceive and develop proof-of-concept that can be rolled out following scrum/agile principles
- Develop reports and dashboards to support end users, managers, executives and administrators
- Work with client SharePoint admin(s) and 3rd party vendors to integrate external functionality
- Prepare, develop and perform data migration, import (mass uploads), export and integration tasks
- Perform thorough unit, integration, and regression testing
- Document work and make available to team members and client communication
- Ensure consistency of usage conventions, compliance with best practices, and integrity of data.
- Support, analyze, and resolve critical production application issues as required.
- Provide guidance for workflow template development and data filtering criteria
- Ensure consistency of usage conventions, compliance with best practices, and integrity of data
- Deep knowledge of SharePoint and related MS technologies configuration /administration to assist with user adoption.
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible, hands-on enterprise collaboration and unified communication (ECC) development, deployment, and administration experience
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers in a professional and articulate manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to work with technical and non-technical audience
- Proven hands-on SharePoint and .net development skills and track record using Server and client object model, visual studio 2013, SharePoint Designer, MS Visio, .net framework, TFS, Tools for Office, and 3rd party
- Ability to research, analyze and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies especially Salesforce features for non-profits
- Ability to work as productive contributor both in individual and as part of larger team
- Ability to analyse, Independently research / troubleshoot technical issues, provide alternatives, and recommend solutions
- Provide effort estimates, activity sequencing, identify risks and provide remediation
- Provide status updates to managers including issues management and escalation
This position requires the successful completion of a background investigation and/or drug screen.
Ciber, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Talent Services bring clients a range of staffing solutions, from a single contractor to a team of experts to help achieve their key business goals on target and within budget. Our talent sourcing model uncovers the right IT talent and aligns critical skills with client technology, culture, and expectations.
Ciber is a global IT consulting company with approximately 5,500 employees in North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific. Ciber partners with organizations to develop technology strategies and solutions that deliver tangible business value. Founded in 1974, the company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (CBR). For more information, visit www.Ciber.com.