Kforce is working with one of the largest and well-known Biotech Companies in the world in Waltham, MA that is seeking a Remote Principal Software Backend Engineer.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further. We are looking for a talented Principal Software Backend Engineer to join our Informatics team, building our next generation digital notebook application. In this role, the Principal Software Backend Engineer will work with a team of engineers focused on turning marketing requirements into an easy-to-use and elegant application designed for the scientific community. If you are looking to collaborate with a small team of talented engineers and contribute to delivering amazing, high-impact, customer-focused features, this is a great opportunity.
* The Principal Software Backend Engineer will work with AWS services and cloud technologies
* Work closely with Product management helping define new features
* Work closely with other senior and principal software engineers on the product
* As a Principal Software Backend Engineer, this role will work closely with DevOps team to deliver monthly releases of the product
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* 10+ years of professional work experience
* Experience in Java, building web services
* Experience building restful APIs
* Some experience with one or more of following technologies: React.js, Mongo, Docker, AWS Services, vert.x, microservices
* Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
* Thorough understanding of and experience with structured software development methodologies including design, development and testing in an Agile environment
* Excellent work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result
* Entrepreneurial minded, creative problem solver and innovative thinker
* Life Science experience a plus
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.