Our company vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. HP Inc. was reborn in 2015 as a worldwide leader in personal systems and printing, with a legacy of innovation and the heart of a start-up. We are agents of change in the industry with innovative PC designs, 3D printing, Augmented Reality, Security features, and others. The HP DaaS initiative is an ambitious project that uses software to revolutionize our billion-dollar Personal System business, introducing a disruptive as-a-service model for device ownership that leverages data analysis and machine learning to enable businesses to manage their devices more intelligently and efficiently. From this highly successful product line, we are reusing the technological building blocks into accelerating various other products.
SOFTWARE CLOUD / AI PRINCIPAL ENGINEER
We are in search of a master technical software engineer/architect for HP DaaS.
This particular role is a wide role - where he/she will work with different engineering teams and design and review common elements between the teams.
The role also involves picking responsibility to drive architecture and design and driving execution for initiatives that are across multiple teams.
Important personality traits are clarity in communication, good technical chops, ownership, spreading of knowledge of common functions, good technical judgement, great attention to detail.
In terms of technical chops, knowledge of Web Application Development, AI, embedded software are needed. Interfacing maybe required across all these teams.
- Responsible for architecting software given requirements
- Responsible for reviewing adherence to design patterns.
- Responsible for breaking down software execution into smaller building blocks (especially creating dependencies between multiple teams)
- Responsible for defining software interfaces and contracts between separate teams.
- Responsible for driving execution across teams.
- Responsible for spreading knowledge across various teams. (being in this role will give exposure to wide range of information)
- Working with QA Teams to define scope of testing and automation
- Defining Telemetry to maintain Operational Metrics
- Needs to be hands on to solve issues coming in production - especially when debugging involves multiple teams.
- BA/BS degree in computer science, engineering or related field.
- Experience of 12+ years in Software Domain.
- Experience in Cloud Software and Deployments
- Experience in Big Data at scale.
- Experience in leading software teams is a bonus.
- Experience with Cross-site multi-geography teams.
- Experience in delivering and maintaining software to production environments.
- Experience of AWS services moving them to production
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- Experience of Big Data using SPARK
- Knowledge of SQL, Data Warehousing Concepts.
- Experience with Architecture - Micro-services
- Experience with Architecture - Web UI
Good to have qualifications
• Experience with large distributed teams
• Experience with Agile software development
• Experience with programming. Favored languages are Java, Scala but any experience with complex systems is appreciated.
• Experience with highly scalable cloud based software
• Experience with large scale deployments
• Experience with IoT solutions
• Software Security Background