Principal Software Engineer, Full Stack .Net C# - AppSec - WORK FROM HOMEJob Description:Principal Software Engineer, Full Stack .Net C# - AppSec - WORK FROM HOME About our Product:
Fortify is the industry-leading provider of Application Security solutions that empowers organizations to develop secure software. Fortify offers a comprehensive portfolio of application security solutions with the flexibility of testing on-premise and on-demand to cover the entire software development lifecycle. Over 80% of security breaches exploit application vulnerabilities, and at Fortify, you will be at the forefront of one of the fastest growing segments in the security market.
Fortify on Demand enables thousands of customers to easily create, expand and manage their AppSec programs. As part of the Fortify on Demand Engineering Team, you will help shape the future of a rapidly growing security business built on a modern technology stack and where innovation and creativity are part of our DNA. What you'll be doing:
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs, primarily for end-users. Using current programming language and technologies writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Leads multiple project teams of engineers and development partners to develop reliable, cost-effective, and high-quality software solutions.
- Research new technologies for product improvements and future roadmap.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with applications design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software applications leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Designs and implements new interface components in collaboration with the product owner and other Micro Focus development teams.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in software applications.
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders, provide project progress, highlight any risks involved along with mitigation plan.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 12+ years of software development experience building large-scale and highly distributed applications.
- Proficient with C# and SQL
- Proficient with ASP.NET WebApi , ASP.NET MVC, .Net Framework/ Core and Entity Framework
- Proficient with writing unit tests
- Solid understanding and practical implementation of OOD/OOP principles
- Experience with agile methodology , sizing stories, planning and retrospectives
- At home with Git or similar DVCS
- Experience with CI/CD technologies
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to adapt to new tools & technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desirable skills :
- Experience migrating to microservices architecture
- Understanding of Application Security domain
- Container technologies
- Cloud technologies and cloud application development
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.
EngineeringMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status