nCino offers exciting career opportunities for individuals who want to join the worldwide leader in cloud banking.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will play a key role in a high-performing Agile development team that produces innovative software of exceptional quality. The ideal candidate has a strong Agile/SCRUM background and will thrive in a hands-on, focused, productive and team-oriented environment.Responsibilities
- Learn the Salesforce platform and nCino Bank Operating System Application
- Participate fully as a member of a Scrum development team
- Independently complete business critical, complex technical coding tasks
- Provide careful code reviews with an emphasis on promoting growth in junior team members
- Aid in defining new code standards and development processes
- Lead the development of cross-team, framework-level projects
- Spread the understanding of the business domain, data model, and design of the code base for the nCino product to other developers
- Help develop technical strategies for utilizing new technologies in nCino products
- Act as a resource for the knowledge of the technologies (languages, frameworks, etc.) used by nCino
- Promote the growth and sharing of the craft of coding and design within nCino
- Facilitate communication and collaboration across all development teams
- Act as a technical resource for other areas, sharing general technical knowledge and specific knowledge of the product
- Interact with customers as needed to support technical conversations
- Mentor other developers and help them learn to mentor others
- Be a great teammate - carry your load, help out, be flexible and adapt easily to changing product needs based on customers and the market
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent professional experience
- 6+ years experience or combination experience, education, & superior performance
- Expert knowledge in at least one OOP language: Java, C#, C++, Apex, PHP, Ruby, Scala, Python
- Expert knowledge of web application development
- Proven ability to create enterprise-scale application designs using proven industry patterns and best practices
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Motivated worker with the ability to be productive in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in leading software development teams and mentoring developers is strongly recommended
- Experienced in Agile/SCRUM and TDD development methodologies
- Experience developing on the Salesforce Platform, particularly developing managed packages as a part of the ISV Partner Program
- Passion for software development
- Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills
If you thrive in a high-energy, entrepreneurial environment, we invite you to share your passion, ideas and excitement at nCino.
nCino provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, genetics or other protected groups. In addition to federal law requirements, nCino complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
nCino is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, nCino will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at email@example.com .
Our commitment to inclusion and equality includes a strong belief that the diversity of our team is instrumental to our success. We strive to create workplaces where employees are empowered to bring their authentic selves to work.