Principal Software Engineer (UI)
Location: Seattle, WA
Duration: Permanent/Direct Placement
Compensation: Deluxe Compensation Package (Generous Base, Bonus, Sign-on, World-class Benefits, etc.)
Start Date: ASAP
Our Seattle client is looking for a Principal Software Engineer (UI) to join it's product development team. This person will lead a team of Engineers and work closely with product owners and engineers to design, implement, test and continually improve low latency and highly scalable web applications and services running on AWS.
- Mentor and assist other engineers in or out of your areas of ownership and expertise.
- Be a technical lead for key complex systems or services, working closely with other engineers and testers to deliver high quality software on time.
- Investigate, evaluate, and present new technologies for use with web applications / services.
- Develop products using agile methods and tools.
- Develop commercial grade software that is user friendly and suitable for global audience.
- Support production issues both directly and indirectly with customers.
- Lead design reviews, code reviews of your work and the work of your peer engineers.
- Lead or participate in architecture and design efforts across multiple teams.
- Work closely with other engineers and testers to deliver high quality software on time.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years software development experience building commercial web front end applications.
- 4+ years of experience with Linux, and Linux based scripting.
- 3+ years developing software with test automation or Test Driven Development.
- Exceptional service level design and programming ability.
- JSON, using REST services, HTTP
- Selenium (nice to have)
- Open Source licensing
- Dependency management of JS libraries
- CI/CD e.g. Jenkins
- Web page performance tuning (client side and server side e.g. cache rules)
- Web page security e.g. XSRF, XSS, SQL injection, SSL, etc.
- Gradle, Grunt (nice to have)
- Jasmine/Karma test frameworks or equivalent
- Understanding of Big Data technology, including queuing mechanisms, NoSQL storage solutions, large scale processing systems, or event/stream based processing platforms.
- Exceptional ability to troubleshoot complex distributed issues in a production environment.
- Highly entrepreneurial, flexible and hard working – willing to go the extra mile or two to “get things done with high quality”.
- 3+ years using AWS in production software.
- Demonstrated strong experience building commercially successful highly available cloud based systems, operating 24x7 services
- Experience leveraging Big Data technology including many of the following:
- Scalable queueing mechanisms like Kafka
- NoSQL storage solutions like Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, Redis, DynamoDB
- Complex large scale processing systems like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig OR Event/stream-based processing platforms like Storm, Spark Streaming, Samza, Apex, Flink.
- Understanding of statistics modeling and machine learning.
Interested candidates - Please select "apply now" and send us your resume for consideration.