Principal Software EngineerAre you a Software Engineer looking for an innovative change?Are you interested in seeing real products and systems come to life with your software?Join our cutting-edge Software Development team
We are the leader in designing, developing and testing custom built software applications for the energy industry that are tailored to the needs of the business and external customers.Partner with the best
As a principal software engineer, you will be a member of an agile software delivery organization that focuses on moving the energy industry forward by inventing new, sustainable strategies and digital solutions that optimize business value. You will utilize a broad range of technical skills and some of the newest technologies, like artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to optimize the supply chain at Baker Hughes. Your technical leadership will help guide others on the team to increase efficiency and utilize industry best practices.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Delivering large-sized software engineering stories and tasks on time.
- Providing technical leadership while defining, developing, and evolving software in an agile development environment.
- Driving increased efficiency across the teams by eliminating code duplication and leveraging product and technology reuse.
- Designing, developing and testing complex software solutions that drive business value.
- Recommending technologies and communicating the impact of those choices to the organization.
- Participating in code reviews, providing guidance to others on the team and solving issues.
- Creating, updating and enforcing the strict code standards used by multiple teams.
- Leading technical discussions; participating in technical designs and presenting technical ideas through white boarding and presentations.
- Assessing and optimizing the performance of large-scale enterprise software applications.
- Collaborating with cross functional teams throughout the organization.
To be successful in this role you will require:
Work in a way that works for you
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or software engineering from an accredited university or college.
- A complete understanding of object-oriented analysis and design, software design patterns and infrastructure-as-code principles.
- At least 10 years' experience as a full-stack software engineer delivering web applications and microservices.
- A deep understanding of back end technologies like Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Hibernate/JPA and SOAP/REST web services.
- A strong understanding of RDMS technologies like PostgreSQL, Oracle or MySQL.
- Basic experience using testing frameworks like Junit, TestNG, Selenium and Cucumber.
- Expertise designing enterprise systems using cloud providers like AWS, Azure and Google Cloud (Google Cloud Platform).
- A basic understanding of common build tools like Gradle, Maven, Bower, NPM and GULP.
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker, CloudFoundry and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture and enterprise application integration.
- Knowledge of data modeling, ETL and cyber security best practices.
- Experience working with global teams and global time-zones.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working from home - Flexibility to work occasionally from home
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train, reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. To keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.