Software Principal EngineerCompetitive salary Bedford, MA
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can't wait for you to discover this for yourself as asoftware Principal Engineer
on our security identity team in Bedford, MA
RSA, a Dell Technologies Business, is the premier provider of security, risk and compliance management solutions for business acceleration. RSA helps the world's leading organizations solve their most complex and sensitive security challenges. These challenges include managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, proving compliance, and securing virtual and cloud environments. Combining business-critical controls in identity assurance, SIEM, data loss prevention, continuous network monitoring, and fraud protection with industry leading GRC capabilities and robust consulting services, RSA brings visibility and trust to millions of user identities, the transactions that they perform and the data that is generated
RSA Identity Team is seeking an experienced software engineer who has a passion for build and deliver next-generation security software applications for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics - all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.Key Responsibilities
- Use Java and other technologies, write code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of our next generation authentication project.
- Work on a scrum team and participate in Agile practices for development of tasks, time frames, design, code, test scripts, and documentation.
- Code to acceptance criteria and perform unit and system testing.
- Participate in code reviews of other developers.
- Ensure projects are fully tested before being deployed.
- Ensure projects have an appropriate amount of automated and manual tests.
- 9+ years of combined system architecture experience across multiple OSes, languages and frameworks or equivalent experience
- Excellent programming skills in Java, C#, C++, SQL
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and problem solving.
- Strong communication, teamwork and problem solving skills are essential.
- Display creativity, influence, and going above and beyond attitude.
- Ability to thrive in an agile and collaborative working environment
- Experience designing and building cloud-based applications and services
- Experience with Spring boot, Spring MVC, Node.js. etc.
- Familiar with Git, Jenkins, IntelliJ, Jira.
- Experience with SAML, OIDC protocol and FIDO
- Experience developing, documenting, and supporting REST APIs is preferred
- Experience with one or more other mid-level programming and scripting languages (Swift, Objective-C, C#, C++ and Python)
- Experience designing and building desktop or mobile applications
- Experience designing identity protocols and authentication solutions is a plus
- Good understanding of software engineering techniques, methodologies and practices
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you're ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.Closing date: December 31, 2019.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .