Principal Software Engineer Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll seek challenges with flexibility and patience, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Why You'll Love This Job:
Being a member of IT Architecture and Enterprise Services team, you will coordinate the technical design of large business systems; integrate business services & information security; implement technology-specific best practices & standards; control success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability, reuse, extensibility, usability and scalability; provide leadership on Application Development teams and can assist the Domain Architect as a technology liaison across teams. Acts as a partner with multi-functional teams to ensure the success of product strategy and project work you will be doing. Your Responsibilities:
Talents Needed for Success:
- Technology Selection assists in technology selection decisions; manages technology risk for the project team
- Perform business and technical presentations in relation to technology platforms and solutions addressing the business problems
- Works with Infrastructure partners on Platforms to stand up development, testing, and production environments. Will define scalability and performance criteria for the product
- Environments work with Infrastructure partners to choose efficient hosting environment
- Requirements Elaboration works with the Functional Architect to ensure that non-functional requirements are complete and appropriate
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters' preferred and/or equivalent experience
- 9+ years' experience in application development and system analysis; detailed understanding of the middleware and message protocols
- 2+ years technical team leadership experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About UsAbout DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
IT Architecture and Enterprise Services are responsible for enabling digital transformation of DTCC. The group manages complexity of the technology landscape within DTCC and enhances agility, robustness and security of the technology footprint. It does so by serving as the focal point for all technology architectural activities in the organization as well as engineering a portfolio of foundational technology assets to enable our digital transformation.