Principal Software Engineer Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Why You'll Love This Job:
Being a member of IT Risk and Data Services team, you will coordinate the technical design of large business systems; integrate business services & information security; implement technology-specific best practices & standards; control success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability, reuse, extensibility, usability and scalability; provide leadership on AD teams and can assist the Domain Architect as a technology liaison across teams. Act as a partner with multi-functional teams to ensure the success of product strategy and project work, you're doing. Your Responsibilities:
Talents Needed for Success:
- Technology Selection - assists in technology selection decisions; manages technology risk for the project team; familiar with Mainframe, Unix/Linux & Amazon cloud: AWS, python, s3, snowflake.
- Perform business and technical presentations in relation to technology platforms and solutions addressing the business problems
- Platforms - works with Infrastructure partners to stand up development, testing, and production environments. Will define scalability and performance criteria for the product
- Environments - work with Infrastructure partners to choose efficient hosting environment. Capable of engaging on multiple efforts in various environments simultaneously.
- Requirements Elaboration - works with the Functional Architect to ensure that non-functional requirements are complete and appropriate
- Data Modeling - ensures physical data model supports the performance, privacy and security requirements.
- Designs Frameworks - that promote concepts of isolation, extensibility, and extendibility
- System Performance - proposes solutions that satisfy performance requirements; ensures test strategy validates performance requirements; tunes application performance issues; data structures & design patterns
- Security - understands corporate information security standards. Ensures test plans validate security requirements
- Standards - recommends and promotes technical solutions that are consistent with corporate standards
- Documentation - develops and maintains system documentation
- Helps to develop solutions that balance cost, schedule, and requirements and helps roll out standards and policies to other team members
- Supports team in managing client expectations and resolving issues on time
- Engages in activities to support the broader organization
- Incorporates business and financial factors into decision making and supports team members in doing the same.
- Ensures own and team's practices support success across all geographic locations
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures and supervising controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred and/or equivalent experience
- 9+ years' experience in application development and system analysis; detailed understanding of the middleware and message protocols
- 2+ years technical team leadership experience
- Knowledge on REST APIs & JSON format
- Working experience with Relational DBs like Oracle
- Familiar with ETL tools like Informatica and DataStage
- Has worked on FICC products. Having prior knowledge of Market Risk Calculations using Historical VaR methodology is an added advantage.
- Is familiar with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban) and leads team in process standards of chosen methodology
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About UsAbout DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
IT Risk and Data Services department seeks to meet our clients' needs by capitalizing on the progress made in both the Risk Technology Program and the Data Analytics work and driving adoption of these capabilities across the enterprise. Important initiatives like the Modernization and Resiliency Programs count on these foundational capabilities to succeed.