Principal Software Engineer Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll seek challenges with flexibility and patience, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Why You'll Love This Job:
Being a member of Enterprise DevSecOps (EDSO) group, you will focus on realizing business and technical requirements through the application of Software Implementation Lifecycle tasks. This role is passionate about application development including, but not limited to, design, code, documentation, test and supporting activities. The work will demonstrate a mix of front-end, back-end, middleware, transactional and database skill sets and experience. Responsibilities:
Talents Needed for Success:
- Work closely with Development and Infrastructure teams to define, program, test and deliver DevSecOps and middleware software solutions on a combination of traditional and Cloud (AWS/Azure) Platforms using Agile methodologies.
- Engage in direct application development activities (programming: design, code, test) supporting agile teams toward the rapid adoption of DevSecOps practices and toolsets.
- Operate as a vital component of an Agile Squad. As a senior squad member, you will collaborate with development, architecture and infrastructure teams to implement technical designs. Be engaged as a domain specialist.
- Possess and maintain deep knowledge and experience with DevSecOps, cloud computing infrastructure, application development platforms, tools and techniques. You will engage teams with compelling solutions, ideas, designs, presentations, and discussions.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred and/or equivalent experience
- 9+ years' experience in application development and system analysis; detailed understanding of middleware and message protocols
- 3-5+ years of proven record in DevSecOps Methodologies, Hands-on experience in IaC (Infrastructure as Code) and with continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- 2+ years technical team leadership experience
- Design: REST, JSON, SWAGGER, APIs, Messaging, Object Oriented, Design and Reuse Patterns, Transactional and High Resiliency Designs
- Scripting (either of): Unix Shell, Perl, Python, Windows batch, Windows PowerShell
- Dev/Ops, CI/CD, Tools and Methods: Jenkins, Bitbucket, Cobertura, Git, Jira, or Agile Methodologies
- RDBMS and Messaging Platforms (not required to have experience with all but highly prefer Oracle or more): Oracle, Postgres Aurora & RDS, MySQL, SQL, PL/SQL, MQ, Rabbit-MQ or equivalents
- Web/App Servers and Application Containers: Tomcat, JBOSS, WebSphere, Tomcat, or Apache HTTP Server
- Java Frameworks: Spring, Spring Boot, Spring JPA,
- Testing Frameworks: JUNIT, Mockito, Karma, JaCoCo, or Cobertura
- Platform, OS and Networking: Unix, Basic Networking Skills, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Kafka, Flume, Hadoop, Caching, Streaming, Rules Engines, SonarQube, database performance tuning, application troubleshooting and performance tuning
- AWS Cloud including: EC2, Lambda, S3, Route 53, Aurora PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, RDS, KMS, ELB, SQS, SNS, Glacier Terraform on AWS, Cloud Formation, Step Functions, XRay, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, and RedShift.
- Container Platforms, Micro Services, REST, JSON, SWAGGER, APIs
- Scheduling Applications: AutoSys
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About UsAbout DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
Enterprise Product & Platform Engineering transforms the way we deliver infrastructure to our business clients. A key construct of EP&PE will be the evolution of the IT Product Manager, who will partner with the Engineering organization, the Business Aligned Service Delivery organization, the DevSecOps organization as well as our operational support teams to ensure that this organization provides high quality, commercially attractive and timely solutions to support our business strategy.