Principal Software Engineer Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll seek challenges with flexibility and patience, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Why You'll Love This Job:
Being a member of DevSecOps team, you will be the Technical Owner within the DevSecOps Metrics team responsible for the Metrics Infrastructure/Ecosystem and making key technical decisions on the consumption and presentation of multiple sources of data to showcase business value. Your Responsibilities:
Talents Needed for Success:
- Innovate using the most current technologies and industry trends to implement solutions and improvements
- Translate strategy, vision and business requirements into concrete technical implementations that provide insights to our customers enabling opportunities for intelligent decision making and/or inspire changing behavior across the organization
- Manage and support the DevSecOps Metrics framework and infrastructure including Elastic, Kibana, Logstash, Snowflake, Power BI and its related infrastructure
- Work with team to develop persona-based visualizations and dashboards from multiple raw data sources to provide outcome base value to our customers
- Collaborate with the respective Development, Engineering, and Operational teams to combine datasets together to provide a meaningful holistic picture
- Manage implementation and the ongoing operations adhering to approved designs, patterns, security requirements and certify all logging and monitoring are active for security and compliance
- Participate in squad-building activities such as peer code reviews, design teamwork efforts, mentoring junior members, etc.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred and/or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of demonstrable experience in Information Systems with exposure to software development
- Solid experience with the Elastic stack - Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment process and related tools such as Bitbucket, Jenkins, Nexus, etc.
- Familiar with DevOps, Software Development Life Cycle, Agile ways of working in a corporate environment
- Good solid grasp of scripting languages: Groovy / Python / UNIX Shell
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively
- Able to communicate architectural ideas and concepts to various stakeholders and implement and deliver from concept to production release
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills to achieve shared goals
- Exposure to reporting tools, data visualization/analysis a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About UsAbout DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
Enterprise Product & Platform Engineering transforms the way we deliver infrastructure to our business clients. A key construct of EP&PE will be the evolution of the IT Product Manager, who will partner with the Engineering organization, the Business Aligned Service Delivery organization, the DevSecOps organization as well as our operational support teams to ensure that this organization provides high quality, commercially attractive and timely solutions to support our business strategy.