Requisition Number: 78954
As an innovation and transformation consultancy, Insight's Digital Innovation division believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world. We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer
to join us in delivering creative, deployable modern software solutions.
Our diverse, full-time team of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster. We're leveraging cutting edge technology in the cloud, AI, and IoT edge (to name a few) in projects that range from real-time aerial inspections to improve safety to projects that monitor lice infestations in salmon populations to keep food supplies safe. On our team, you will work closely with client stakeholders and an award-winning team of developers, architects, and thought leaders to design, build, and implement next-generation solutions. As a full-time, permanent team member with a competitive benefits plan, you'll be inspired to grow in a supportive environment where you can be creative and stay on the forefront of technology. What We Do
What We Look For
- Design and develop cutting-edge enterprise data solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Lead discussions with clients and recommend technical solutions for business cases
- Design and code modern solutions to tough data challenges leveraging the cloud and
- Lead and collaborate with sharp, passionate teammates, provide feedback on others' work, and encourage innovation and best practices internally and externally
- Prioritize, self-direct and execute at velocity
- Aggressively grow your skillset and expertise to meet emerging needs
What can Insight offer?
- Demonstrated communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders; Active listening, critical thinking, presentation skills, coaching, empathy, dependability, creativity
- 5+ years of experience working with data and data analytics development, preferably within the Microsoft data platform and an excellent grasp of most of following technologies:
- SQL Server
- Analysis Services (SSAS) and DAX
- Reporting Tools: Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, SSRS
- Integration Services (SSIS)
- 1+ year of experience in some of the following:
- Azure: Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse and Azure Data Factory
- Azure Big Data Technologies: Azure Data Lake and Azure Data Lake Analytics
- Big Data Technologies: Hadoop or HDInsight, Hive, Pig, Python, Spark, Oozie, or any of the other tools with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Predictive Analytics: R, Azure Machine Learning
- Scripting: PowerShell, Azure Automation
- Development Languages: .NET, Java or Scala
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills that result in clear technical execution
- Skill at translating requirements into clean, efficient, quality code
- Eagerness to learn new tools and technologies, and passion to deliver quality solutions both individually and as part of a team
At Insight, you will work on major, high impact projects, solving organizations problems with the best tech in the industry. You'll join a team of proven professionals who are curious and encouraging, ensuring you continue developing your skills while working consistently to deliver value to our clients. You'll also receive great benefits like flexible vacation, 401k matching, training, career advancement opportunities, and a quarterly bonus program.Ready to join?
Discover more at insight.com...or just APPLY
Salary Range 120-160 with a variable compansation plan About Insight
At Insight Enterprises, Inc. we empower organizations to run smarter by defining, architecting, implementing, and managing Intelligent Technology Solutions ™. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter.
- Global provider of Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations of all sizes
- Microsoft Global Partner of the Year for AI, IoT, Open Source Solutions, Mobile Apps, & Modern Desktop; Microsoft US Partner of the Year for DevOps
- Fortune Top 100 Best Companies for Diversity
- Fortune Top 50 Best Workplaces in Technology
- Winner of several "Best Places to Work" awards
- 30+ years in business, 11,000+ teammates worldwide, and $7.7 billion in revenue in 2019
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The position (or opportunity) described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight.
For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, read below link:
Developer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Supply, Database, Technology, Engineering, Operations