The Principal Software Engineer will collaborate with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Developers and Architects to execute the product development and delivery which includes the below activities:
- Requirement Analysis
- Technical solution design and requirement refinement.
- Development using Microsoft technology stack and low code platforms.
- Create test strategies for integration, regression, load, volume and stress.
- Create Technical Design Documents.
- Coordinate and communicate with other product teams.
This role is an integral part of the overall Employee Experience team tasked with supporting the external customer websites and web-based applications.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze all business requirements and design all data flow charts and diagrams for processes and provide effective solutions to all issues.
- Design an effective technical architecture and develop it effectively and assist in improving the process.
- Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Create technical specifications and test plans
- Create new and extend existing operational documentation
- Consult colleagues concerning maintenance and performance of software systems
- Train and coach Junior developers.
- Ability to coordinate with offshore and onshore development teams across business lines.
- Assist technical architects with infrastructure requirement development
- Perform project code review
- Investigate and debug software errors, troubleshoot application issues
Required Work Experience:
- 8-10 years of SDLC experience from planning to release.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in SQL Server, T-SQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Excellent planning, conceptual, consulting and communication skills with perceptive and structured analytical ability. Proven experience of understanding and enhancing products and business processes through the application of appropriate technology
- Effective communication and influencing skills and an ability to work successfully in a matrix structure, across multiple stakeholders, internal and external.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to break complex solutions into simple messages
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness. Ability to work in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment where consensus is the norm.
- Proven success supporting projects involving web development, information and content management, data integration and API services
- Excellent organization skills with proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to adjust to frequent changes in project priorities
- Excellent writing skills
- Innovative, creative problem solver with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Strong evidence of sharing and synthesizing knowledge
- Strong experience in Agile and Waterfall delivery model.
- Previous experience with technology strategy development, architecture, or technology delivery
International SOS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.