Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
Nintendo of America is looking for a Principal Software Engineer who will focus efforts and help define and advance our global product publishing pipeline along a cloud-first, microservice-oriented roadmap. The Principal Software Engineer will help determine application architecture(s) for the entire portfolio. Expertise with modernizing traditional java applications using loosely-coupled, distributed service designs a must. Come build experience in a highly collaborative environment, ensure excellence in broad technical design integrity and software delivery estimation veracity, and help establish enterprise-class services for use within and beyond our global publisher and developer pipeline. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Partners with IT management to define technology roadmaps and strategy and recommends solutions that may have significant impact to the organization.
- As a recognized expert in key technologies and processes, assesses and recommends available technologies for strategic future looking purposes
- Develop and modify the most complex of technology systems, addressing functional, performance, security, quality, operations and monitoring needs
- Create and reviews detailed test scenarios, performance models, and leads testing and analysis of results.
- Applies significant expertise, creativity and latitude to design and deliver software
- Creates formal networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise that may also include senior leaders within Nintendo of America, Inc. (NOA) and employees from Nintendo Company, Ltd. (NCL) and subsidiaries
- Document and reviews technology changes through appropriate change control.
- Requires a unique knowledge and expertise of software development practices, including the research of current and evolving engineering trends, approaches, technologies and techniques. May be sought out by industry peers and colleagues for advice.
- Ensures work is completed in such a way to comply with established compliance and other internal control requirement.
- Coordinates priorities with IT Management and provides instruction for others on day-to-day work (i.e. team lead) and is tasked with determining methods and procedures on new assignments
- Provides support and troubleshooting of prior developed technology solutions and recommends effective refactoring when needed
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in various software development technologies patterns and practices.
- Wide-ranging experience and unique knowledge, including proven experience leading work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Full stack experience with technologies including, but not limited to, AWS components (Lambdas, CloudWatch, SQS, S3, SNS, Step Functions, Elastic Search, etc.), React, Springboot, GraphQL, or similar.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Post-graduate coursework or advanced professional training and presentation is expected.