At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.Essential Functions:
- Full lifecycle design, implementation, and unit testing of cockpit display systems
- Work with various sub-teams to integrate CDDC functionality with other IPTs
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Design and implement displays for the next generation of Northrop Grumman products
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of experience in software engineering OR
- Master's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of experience in software engineering
- PhD degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 0 years of experience in software engineering
- Experience developing software/writing code with C/C++
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance
- Accredited degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience working in an Agile work environment
- Experience developing software with OpenGL
- Experience developing UX/UI software
- Familiarity with software development tools such as Git, CMake, Eclipse, and the Atlassian Tool Suite
- Knowledge of Linux systems and basic commands
- Knowledge of software design patterns, algorithms, and data structures
- Familiarity with software requirement tools such as DOORS and Rational Rhapsody
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.