Principal Software Engineer
(Intralinks, Inc., an SS&C company; Waltham, Massachusetts) (multiple positions):
The Principal Software engineer will be a part of a highly agile, innovative, and talented team involved in the design and development of complex software components for a distributed content management and collaboration platform, which will be leveraged by the Intralinks' portfolio of applications in a highly available and secure SaaS environment.
Specifically, the Principal Software Engineer is responsible for the following:
- engaging with Product Management and other stakeholders on the feasibility of the proposed requirements and the effort necessary to implement these requirements;
- reviewing high-level design documents that describe the implementation approach;
- partnering with the rest of the team to develop a detailed design towards implementation and their dependencies;
- independently designing and implementing complex components based on broad requirements;
- researching, evaluating, and making recommendations to management on new technologies;
- reviewing code to ensure compliance with coding and architectural standards (including security standards) and to ensure that business requirements are met;
- interacting with Performance and Capacity planning teams to ensure that the product has met all the necessary performance and scalability requirements prior to production deployment;
- interacting with Operations and Release Engineering to produce installable components that make up the final product that is production ready;
- mentoring junior team members on the product, process, and its implementation towards team success;
- actively self-improving by initiating and participating in learning initiatives, thus broadening individual and team's skill set; embracing iterative development and agile process principles;
- contributing towards the maintenance of active releases in production.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Engineering or a related field, plus 5 years of related experience in software engineering.Must have
Apply online at http://www.intralinks.com or send resume to: Aylin Kentkur, email@example.com. Use Job Reference #R02126 when submitting applications. An EOE.