Principal Software Engineer - 203160 - Dallas / Tampa / Jersey City / DC/VA In addition to joining a great company with phenomenal benefits, we are offering a sign on bonus for this position! Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll be supported and surrounded by other professionals as you learn new skills, advance your career, and see the impact of your efforts every day. Pay and Benefits:
Why you'll love this job:
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will coordinate the technical design of large business systems; integration of business services & information security; implement technology-specific best practices & standards; control success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability, reuse, extensibility, usability and scalability; provide leadership on teams and can assist the Architect as a technology liaison across teams. The Principal Software Engineer acts as a partner with cross-functional teams to ensure the success of product strategy and project deliverables. Your Primary Responsibilities:
Talents needed for Success
- Technology Selection - assists in technology selection decisions; manages technology risk for the project team
- Perform business and technical presentations in relation to technology platforms and solutions addressing the business problems
- Platforms - works with Infrastructure partners to stand up development, testing, and production environments. Will define scalability and performance criteria for the product
- Environments - work with Infrastructure partners to choose optimal hosting environment
- Requirements Elaboration - works with the Functional Architect to ensure that non-functional requirements are complete and appropriate
- Data Modeling - ensures physical data model supports the performance, privacy and security requirements
- Designs Frameworks - that promote concepts of isolation, extensibility, and extendibility
- System Performance - proposes solutions that satisfy performance requirements; ensures test strategy validates performance requirements; tunes application performance issues
- Security - understands corporate info. security standards; ensures test plans validate security requirements
- Standards - recommends and promotes technical solutions that are consistent with corporate standards
- Documentation - develops and maintains system documentation
- Is familiar with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban) and leads team in process best practices of chosen methodology
- Helps to develop solutions that balance cost, schedule, and requirements
- Helps roll out standards and policies to other team members
- Supports team in managing client expectations and resolving issues on time
- Engages in activities to support the broader organization
- Incorporates business and financial factors into decision making and supports team members in doing the same
- Ensures own and team's practices support success across all geographic locations
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
Who We Are:
- 9+ years' experience of IT experience in developing high-performance, high-volume software systems for the fixed income financial services industry using Java
- Technologies: Java (J2EE, J2SE), multi-threading, Struts, Spring, Oracle PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Packages, Views, Triggers, Perl, Unix/Shell, Python scripting
- Knowledge of Infomatica & snowflake is a plus
- Tools: Eclipse, GIT, Bit Bucket, Jira, Agile, Maven, Jenkins, AutoSys Scheduler
- 2+ years technical team leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or related field
DTCC is the heart of the post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From 21 locations all over the world, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. In 2020, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $2.3 quadrillion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About Us About DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
DTCC proudly supports Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.